BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
korea_7 said:
has anyone ever run into problems while driving in the rain with a GruppmeM or AA CAI?

Please let me know.

thanks
No problem here, and we get a lot of rain in FL. The intake trumpets provided by AA have a hole in the plastic elbow so water can drop out of it You'd probably have to drive into a huge puddle and sit there to suck up enough water.

I believe the Gruppe M intake just sits in place of the stock airbox, and the stock in take trumps (or AA ones if you have their CAI) would still work as they normally do, flowing air into the engine compartment.

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
I have had lots of water enter the opening with the AA CAI and the only doqnside would be the issue of the water being channeled onto the brakes. You also get direct brake ducts with the AA CAI. It was not a big deal but you need to be aware when running with standing water and needing the full effect of the brakes.

Mark

·
Registered
977 Posts
MAH said:
I have had lots of water enter the opening with the AA CAI and the only doqnside would be the issue of the water being channeled onto the brakes. You also get direct brake ducts with the AA CAI. It was not a big deal but you need to be aware when running with standing water and needing the full effect of the brakes.

Mark
The direct brake duct's require you to cut a hole in your wheel liners if you actually want the air to get into the wheel wells. If you do not cut that open, then you shouldn't have much of any water every getting to your brakes from those ducts.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks everyone...
HDClown said:
The direct brake duct's require you to cut a hole in your wheel liners if you actually want the air to get into the wheel wells. If you do not cut that open, then you shouldn't have much of any water every getting to your brakes from those ducts.

·
Company Representative for Active Autowerke
189 Posts
HDClown said:
No problem here, and we get a lot of rain in FL. The intake trumpets provided by AA have a hole in the plastic elbow so water can drop out of it You'd probably have to drive into a huge puddle and sit there to suck up enough water.

I believe the Gruppe M intake just sits in place of the stock airbox, and the stock in take trumps (or AA ones if you have their CAI) would still work as they normally do, flowing air into the engine compartment.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

p.s. We offer software to go w/ you all your performance modifications.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts