BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ,1990 3.6 . Had the viscous fan seize and shear off straight through the radiator @ 6500 rpm . Big thud and a dented bonnet . I have since replaced radiator and viscous and fan . put it all together and now have a leaking water pump from centre bearing . so decided to pull it out and replace . I have a snag as I cannot reach one of the bolts . Seems to be behind engine lift bar . Tried to remove this for access to bolt , no luck. Any one replaced water pump and have any tips for me to reach last bolt o water pump housing . Thanks In advance.Trying to keep the faith

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Hmm, trying to remember. I think there is a bolt that's obscured by the lifting eye. And there's the bolt that comes from behind the block, but otherwise I think it's pretty straight forward.

I had a water pump seize some time ago and that ran the fan off... Fortunately didn't mess up the radiator, but smashed up all the plastics in the area.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I never had any issues with bolt access, but did remove the fan, pulley & thermostat housing
Before hand. The engine lifting point comes off easy enough also.

Alan.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts