BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
I put a US Motorworks US9234 pump in last January. So far, so good. It's available from several vendors for about $50USD. I recommend using an OE BMW gasket. I'm saving my original pump for rebuilding when Angry *** Solutions is ready to offer this service.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I put a US Motorworks US9234 pump in last January. So far, so good. It's available from several vendors for about $50USD. I recommend using an OE BMW gasket. I'm saving my original pump for rebuilding when Angry *** Solutions is ready to offer this service.
Thanks Greg for this info.

Last week I bought a GMB pump from Rockauto. Also a reasonable price in my opinion. I only bought it as spare parts if my current valeo pump ever breaks down.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Rockauto is where i buy my oem parts for decade now. You usually cannot find cheaper and oem suppliers. It would have been my instinct and suggestion here after checking rockauto first.

Currently waiting on my hub assemblies for another car and about to go get me a water pump, proactively.

Excellent info in this thread. Did you mount the. GMB pump yet?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Did you mount the. GMB pump yet?
Nope
As I wrote earlier. I only bought it as spare parts if my current Valeo brand pump fails. Then I have a spare pump that I can use and my car is running and I don’t have to look for a new pump online right away.

I bought my car in 2009 and the first water pump replacement I had to do was in 2012. After 5 years in 2017, a genuine BWM pump failed again and I installed my current Valeo pump. Now in 2021 it will be almost 5 years again and I am a little afraid that the pump will break down soon. Although it has driven less km / mile than the previous one.

But now I’m safe if the pump fails and I can still use my car and I can probably fix the faulty pump.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Especially in the current era, where many suppliers have quality control issues and are outsourcing to the cheapest manufacturer (even BMW is going to China wherever they can), often times a new "OEM BMW" part is no match for the quality of an original piece.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts