BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found my Radiator started leaking a little bit at top next upper hose, I glued it with JB Weld and is not leaking for now.
But I ordered a new radiator anyway. Then I was thinking, since it never had water pump and thermostat, major radiator hoses, etc replaced, maybe it is a good idea just to do at the same time.

Well, just found water pump #11511315563 is no longer available any where!
Looks like I have to live with an almost 30 years old water pump, and pray for its longevity.

Karl
E34 92 3.8L

·
Registered
60 Posts
Wow that´s terrible news!!!

I just took quick search on google and yes NLA in every webshops. Also those aftermarket products.

I renew my pump in 2017 and previous pump (BMW Original) lasted only 5 years...

WFT is going on here!?!?!

·
Registered
520 Posts
an NLA water pump will surely turn these engines into paper weights... try cross reference searching this part number instead, it is also a match: 11511315292

·
Registered
692 Posts
Wow that´s terrible news!!!

I just took quick search on google and yes NLA in every webshops. Also those aftermarket products.

I renew my pump in 2017 and previous pump (BMW Original) lasted only 5 years...

WFT is going on here!?!?!
Yes, we have been monitoring this situation as some of our US customers made us aware. Unfortunately, even when BMW decides to produce more parts for our cars at this point, they are often questionable quality made in China. Such as the currently available A/C compressors, which do not even fit or work with our cars!

We plan to offer water pump solutions, but it will be some time as we are starting on the S38B35 unit first.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
an NLA water pump will surely turn these engines into paper weights... try cross reference searching this part number instead, it is also a match: 11511315292
Thanks, last night I get the part number using US model from Bimmerworld and EcsTuning.
But this morning I searched realoem using my VIN, and found a Europe part number:
#11511315559 for my car, It's showing available and slightly more expensive than #11511315292

Real Oem:

·
Registered
44 Posts
New Euro 11511315559 pump is available from Schmeidmann for $500 plus shipping, as an alternate.

Looks like 11511315563 was the hot climate and low compression version, and replaced 11511315292 some point early on.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Possible alternative?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I did further research and found this part 11511315118. Realoem refers to this pump that it is suitable for 3.6 till nov89.

Does anyone know what the difference is with that pump. It still seems to be in stock at BMW.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi guys. I'm at the same point for my m5t that while we're waiting to fix homologation papers, decided to leak a little.

my water pump should be #11511315559 and at BMW is off course NLA...

with my mechanic, we're looking for alternatives.

does the ebay one linked up here is 11511315559?
or do you have a website where there is stock?

thanks and any help is much appreciated

·
Registered
60 Posts
wonderful, I'll get in touch with him
I also found this one: https://www.safricambiauto.it/scheda/pompa-acqua/1271669

is it too cheap to be true?
I asked about this. NLA even if it says "in stock" :(

This ad says it is for E34 M5.

Actually a few ads on there, just search "e34 m5 wasserpumpe"
That pump looks wrong to me. I think that it is for M30, but I am not sure.

That first Vaico that is in stock is wrong. Everything else are right ones, but all are NLA/out of stock.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts