BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I own a 2014 F10 M5 with just over 31000 on the clock Just before Christmas I noticed i was getting lots of condensation in the car and found that the carpet behind the front passenger seat was soaking wet. I suspected the water was coming in through the vapour barrier in the nearside rear door as Two years ago I had the door handle replaced on that door and I don't expected when my BMW service agent replaced the vapour barrier . I booked the car in for them to try and find where the water was coming in from. They rang me this morning telling me that they had identified the problem and it was the large grommet in the firewall and that they needed to remove the dash and replace the carpet and speaker under the front seat at a cost of over £2000 And my extended warranty would not cover water ingress into the car. I have fired off an email to BMW expressing my displeasure as too the cost of the repair, I had a look online and on Youtube and found out this is a known problem with the F10 model. Lets see what sort of response I get back from BMW UK

·
Registered
68 Posts
Gutted and frustrated to hear that extended warranty does not cover that. Is it considered wear and tear?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No the dealership said the warranty doesn't cover water getting into the car. Hopefully BMW UK will come through with a decent offer. I didn't fire off a snotty email more a disappointed one. Mainly because of the cost. I think the grommet would only cost a few quid but it's the getting to it and replacing the carpet and speaker.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've had an email back from BMW to say they would see what they could do to help but they couldn't guarantee that they would be able to help out with the cost of repairs. Then I had a call from my BMW dealer saying that BMW were going to help me out and I would just have to pay 30% of the labour. Which I thought was a decent offer. I think it shows complaining with a level head and not demanding the earth sometimes gets results.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts