BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Water in my front headlights ( in the upper part)

6221 11
Hello

For some days i have noticed that the upper part of my headlight has water in it . That part of the headlight should be ermetically sealed , since it won't dry it out with the sunlight directly at it . A guy that works for BMW sais the only option is to change the whole headlight . Any other ideeas ??

I will post a photo very shortly .

Thanks in advance .
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Bring it back to the dealer, this should be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
YES, warranty, it's covered

·
Registered
7,879 Posts
+12:cheers: but sometimes you can cure it when you turn your headlight for while and let the water evaporate...
Bring it back to the dealer, this should be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I ran it with the light turned on , but the water is still there . It's like somehow that part wasn't perfectly sealed and water or very humid air got in there . But the same way it entered it should go out , but it doesn't .
Weird as hell .

PS : It might seem like an idiot thing to ask but how do you change the eyebrows leds ??? if i take them off i should be able to get some air in them and just dry'em out ? I checked the manual but it doesn't clarify me .

Thanks for your time .

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
ya know, im not sure if the head lamp cavaties are vented to dissapate moisture, check that, if they are the vents COULD be clogged !!!

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
it's ugly...dealer

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.