BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

For some days i have noticed that the upper part of my headlight has water in it . That part of the headlight should be ermetically sealed , since it won't dry it out with the sunlight directly at it . A guy that works for BMW sais the only option is to change the whole headlight . Any other ideeas ??

I will post a photo very shortly .

Thanks in advance .

·
Registered
65 Posts
Bring it back to the dealer, this should be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
YES, warranty, it's covered

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
+12:cheers: but sometimes you can cure it when you turn your headlight for while and let the water evaporate...
Bring it back to the dealer, this should be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I ran it with the light turned on , but the water is still there . It's like somehow that part wasn't perfectly sealed and water or very humid air got in there . But the same way it entered it should go out , but it doesn't .
Weird as hell .

PS : It might seem like an idiot thing to ask but how do you change the eyebrows leds ??? if i take them off i should be able to get some air in them and just dry'em out ? I checked the manual but it doesn't clarify me .

Thanks for your time .

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
ya know, im not sure if the head lamp cavaties are vented to dissapate moisture, check that, if they are the vents COULD be clogged !!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya know, im not sure if the head lamp cavaties are vented to dissapate moisture, check that, if they are the vents COULD be clogged !!!
that part of the headlight is rather weird . I mean what happens if you have to change the leds , you change the whole headlight ?

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
it's ugly...dealer

1 - 12 of 12 Posts