BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will like to hear experiences of those who have delete the heater valve.

Any service engine light?

Please confirm what is the procedure for this.

I really don't need a heater on my car.

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,722 Posts
Well, I deleted mine and my heater core because my car is not a daily driver. If you delete it, you will need to connect the "y" pipe that connects to the back ends of the cooling vanes directly to the pipe that runs from the back of the engine to the water pump. Not difficult.

--Peter

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I deleted mine and my heater core because my car is not a daily driver. If you delete it, you will need to connect the "y" pipe that connects to the back ends of the cooling vanes directly to the pipe that runs from the back of the engine to the water pump. Not difficult.

--Peter
Any chance for a picture?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
8,722 Posts
Any chance for a picture?

Thanks!!
A picture of my car would not do you much good, as I had my cooling vanes welded up and plugged the opening in my water pump. There are some pics of it on the board from last year sometime. The vastly easier approach is what I described, viz., delete the heater valve and connect the cooling vane outlets directly to the pipe that runs from the heater core to the water pump. I'll see if I can find the realOEM diagram.

--Peter

·
Registered
6,014 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When the heater valve is eliminated, do you get Error Codes or Check Engine Light?

If the coolant hoses are disconnected but the heater valve kept in place with the plugs, will this fool the ECU and not bring the Check Engine Light?

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
Error codes for the modules other than the DME (and the transmission controller for auto transmission cars) will not set the check engine light.

The change will not materially affect the coolant temp.

PLEASE NOTE THAT I DO NOT OWN AN M5 AND THIS POST IS NOT INTENDED TO BE ARROGANT. PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT REVISED DISCLAIMER THAT APPLIES TO THIS POST

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
^+1

1 - 10 of 10 Posts