BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was washing the M5 yesterday, and I examined the few scratches it has encountered in its few years of living along with chips on the hood from highway driving through the mean roads of the Northeast. I became a little sad, as is always the case when I wash the Beast.

Then, I proceeded to clean the interior. The leather is slowly becoming worn out and stretched out, the steering wheel no longer has the dull appearance (it shines from the oil from my hands), and the mats are getting thinner and thinner.

But then I thought to myself, this car has giving me countless hours of happiness. And hopefully, it will keep on doing that for as long as it can.

With all that being said, I still love this car as much as I did when I first drove it. And now, I'm going out for a ride :) :M5launch: :noSMG:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I feel the exact same way about my M5. I just replaced the embroided mats with new ones online for $100. The thing that makes me the saddest is watching the miles climb. I am always in the car because I enjoy it so much. The problem is that I drove 16,000 miles in 1 year!!!! It was great though. I wonder how high the mileage goes without noticeable problems. I wish there were some way to renew the engine or trade it in to BMW for a credit. If they did have something like that it would be cool to trade it in for the V10 engine.:rolleyes: (you know somebody will do it soon enough...)

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Chin up, jajo! :hihi:

Cars, like our human friends, give us a shock every once in a while when we see how they (and we) are changing, but in the end, we wouldn't trade them for the world. There, how's that for sounding philisophical :biggrin:

Continue to enjoy your M5!

Anita

·
Registered
78 Posts
I put 27,000 miles on my M3 last year just repainted the front to get rid of the rock chips, and will replace the windshield soon.

I have enjoyed all of the miles and can't wait to drive it more. :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Cameron Hauck said:
I put 27,000 miles on my M3 last year just repainted the front to get rid of the rock chips, and will replace the windshield soon.

I have enjoyed all of the miles and can't wait to drive it more. :)
Thanks Cameron- You make me feel better about my mileage!

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Heehee.... last night found me hauling out a halogen spotlight, chair, and touch-up paint... I had discovered a new small scratch on the door. Not very noticable unless you are looking closely, but too deep to buff out. VERY noticable to me!! Two body shops (incl Knauz BMW) wouldn't touch it. The scratch was just about the width of a pin point, so I applied tiny amounts of paint to the head of a pin, and ever so delicately filled in the scratch... much less noticable now.
Ah, true car love... ;)

Cheers,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts