BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, this past weekend, I refilled the washer fluid and then yesterday, the dash alert sounded and flashed "washer fluid low". This has happened a few times in the past few months and I cannot seem to locate a leak. The fluid has to be going somewhere. Anyone have this happen or is there I common problem I've yet to read about?
Thanks,
TripleD

·
Registered
14,478 Posts
I had the same thing happen some time ago. There was a small crack in the bottle and it was replaced by the dealer free (under warranty).

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I had the same problem a while ago. It drove me nuts, until I read the manual! :1:

Apparently, there are two washer fluid containers, one that houses the concentrate (the bottle Ashok was referring to), but there is also a stem filler that is around the upper left of the engine compartment that has the washer symbol on it.

The manual says to fill with water, but that could just be a translation - people here have recommended to fill the stem with washer fluid (not concentrate).

The bottle services the heavy wash and the stem services the misting.

Anyways, give that a shot and the annoying message will go away!

tripleD said:
So, this past weekend, I refilled the washer fluid and then yesterday, the dash alert sounded and flashed "washer fluid low". This has happened a few times in the past few months and I cannot seem to locate a leak. The fluid has to be going somewhere. Anyone have this happen or is there I common problem I've yet to read about?
Thanks,
TripleD

·
Super Moderator
10,525 Posts
the big washer fluid res. can leak too. My 528 had a seal at the washer pump motor go bad and the fluid would leak out, collect on the underbelly tray and leak out as i drove.
Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.