BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting topic,....:confused:

Does any member know of or seen a E34 M5 being raced any where in the world in a recognised event?
Does it have a category of it's own?
Did any of them succeed? hmmm

Any help from the members would be greatly appreciated, especially with links.:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
M5's have been raced and here in the UK there are a couple being run in a BMW championship. There is a Dutch team who run endrance races with an E34 and in Swedenthere is a guy who uses his car as a dragster on track...

I will pm you for your address in order to forward an article or two on who races hese cars and what is involved. Re winning, unlikely the E34 is too heavy even in track spec, but can collect class honours. E36's make better track cars and do E30's.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
An E34 M5-race car participated in a touring-car-race on an INDYCAR-weekend at -Laguna Seca- in California some years ago.

·
Registered
406 Posts
An E34 M5-race car participated in a touring-car-race on an INDYCAR-weekend at -Laguna Seca- in California some years ago.
that's awsome!

I've seen a E34 campaigned by DINAN engineering out of californa.

I also have some video of E30 M3's racing, but there were a few clips of E34's in the backgrounds (e30 M3 in front of course:hihi:) I'm not sure of the race series though

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
The Norwegian Vidar Strand drag races in a BMW M5 E34 with over 1000hp.
http://www.vsmotor.no/

There is also a Belgian team that raced in the Dubai 24h last year, there is a thread about the whole trip on this forum.

Lantz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts