BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I'm coming up on 4 years on my '01 CB M5. I want to take it to the dealer to have them check out several warranty items before my warranty expires. What are some "known items" that people have had repaired under warranty? Anything that I can have them take a special look at?

Thanks, BBFL :M5eyes:

·
Registered
310 Posts
2001 M5, 74,000 miles

1. Front Brake Rotors
2. Complete Driveshaft (real bad vibration-car was at the dealer 3 times to try and diagnose this problem.)
3. Oil pan, drain hole improperly threaded and machined for o ring, constant leak
I cant remember anything else right now....

·
Registered
12,866 Posts
bbfl said:
All,

I'm coming up on 4 years on my '01 CB M5. I want to take it to the dealer to have them check out several warranty items before my warranty expires. What are some "known items" that people have had repaired under warranty? Anything that I can have them take a special look at?

Thanks, BBFL :M5eyes:
Cam Position Sensors go on a regular basis, but usually throw a code. Check that outside mirrors go up and down evenly with no hangups. I replaced parking light bulb holders 2x. front cupholders, O2 sensor once, cat converter, front thrust arm bushings, AC fan pack resistor(controls cabin fan), secondary air pump, gauge cluster (missing pixels), clutch (although prob covered under either maintenance or dealer good will). That's all that comes to mind without invoices.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
767 Posts
I found a small valve cover leak only by taking plastic under-tray off and looking up at the valve covers. It's a 5 hour repair if you have a valve cover leak, and I caught mine during an inspection prior to warrentee expiring.

Consider taking it to an independent for this final inspection. My independent's bill was way offset by the warrentee work they found.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
'01, 56k miles. Only things I can think of w/o looking at records: Cam position sensors; HVAC "final stage"; broken sway bar brackets (before getting Beastpower's); "warped" rotors (before I knew better); cupholder (before getting TEC cupholder); rear suspension bushing (can't recall which ones or if it was ball joint).

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'm in the same boat - - Warranty expires in 1K miles or Jun 05...From what I gather brake rotors are covered? In addition to the rotors I'm getting a little steering wheel shudder on moderate to heavy braking...Also my suspension seems a little tired (what feels like rods and bushings) so maybe these can replaced as well? As it stands, I'm going to have them replace the pixel display and my rear view mirror which doesn't dim...Any other suggestions would be quite helpful cherrsagai Cheers

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Need4Spd said:
'01, 56k miles. Only things I can think of w/o looking at records: Cam position sensors; HVAC "final stage"; broken sway bar brackets (before getting Beastpower's); "warped" rotors (before I knew better); cupholder (before getting TEC cupholder); rear suspension bushing (can't recall which ones or if it was ball joint).
What does HVAC "final stage" refer to?

Thanks.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Any other advice? Booked an appt and told my service advisor about the nickel and dime stuff (rotors too) but anything else I should bring to his attention when I take my car in? I got about another 750 miles left on the warranty :wroom: Cheers

·
Registered
12,866 Posts
KevinM said:
What does HVAC "final stage" refer to?

Thanks.
Cabin blower motor. Final stage fan resistor. When it goes, you have no fan inside the car, so no heat or AC as a practical matter.
Regards,
Jerry

1 - 11 of 11 Posts