BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
gilmores m5 said:
will a tubi exhaust void an extended warranty.? thanks:M5launch:
Theres alot of previos information on this from people far more knowledgable then me but from what I read no it will not, there is some law that allows people to customize their vehicle and still retain their warranty, the only thing that wouldnt be covered would be the exhaust, and if they were to deny you warranty work, the dealership is suppossed to prove that the modifation you made caused the damage to occur, might noot play out this way in real life but just what I have gathered from previous posts, Josh

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
When it comes to dealers, warranties and after market parts, the dealership will find any excuse to assign blame to any after market part you have on your car. That after market part will some how in some way be blamed for whatever problem you might encounter.:grrrr: So bottom line is if you want dealership to accept responsibility for any type of warranty work, do not install after market parts. Just my opinion, and that comes from many battles with dealership warranty work issues. Dinan are the only mods that do not void warranty

·
Registered
12,932 Posts
Beamer_usa said:
Dinan are the only mods that do not void warranty
Check other threads, I believe that incorrect. Dinan however, "matchs" the factory warranty, so if you are servicing your car at an authorized Dinan/BMW dealer, in theory the transaction should be seamless.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
This a good question and I have already been down this road. The simple answer is no, it will not void the warranty, period. I have had the Tubi exhaust on the car for the better part of two years and 20k miles. I have had the car in at different times at different dealerships both here in Texas and in California and never had an issue concerning the Tubi exhaust voiding the warranty from any dealership. In fact, even the AA CAI didn't bother them.

I still have the OEM cats and I am not sure what the Supersprint Headers might do if I add those, but the Tubi exhaust is a non-event. I was thinking of getting the car CPO'd for the extended warranty and I had a dealer look at it. No problems what so ever.

Mark

·
Registered
12,932 Posts
MAH said:
I still have the OEM cats and I am not sure what the Supersprint Headers might do if I add those,
Mark
The dealer is replacing one of my cats under warranty on my SS header equipped car. No issues.
Regards,
Jerry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts