BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Board!

Ole Red is going in for one last "go over" before the factory warranty expires and the aftermarket warranty (with deductible of course) takes over. I have a few questions and need some guidance:

1.) Last time Red was in (SES) BMW said they "swapped" the VANOS from side to side. I now seem to have the dreaded "knock, rattle, etc" upon startup. Goes away immediately but want to be sure.

2.) Gas cap doesn't "click" upon tightening to close. Is this normal or does everyone's gas cap "click"?

3.) Red seems to "pop" out of gear occasionally. Mostly 3rd. Is this an issue or is it simply a fault of the driver not getting into gear "enough"?

4.) The SA has always been very receptive to ideas from the Board so let me know!

Thanks in advance for your answers and advice. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated as there are very few M5's in Tulsa.

Thanks again!

KCD:cheers:

·
Registered
7,511 Posts
kcdoyle said:
3.) Red seems to "pop" out of gear occasionally. Mostly 3rd. Is this an issue or is it simply a fault of the driver not getting into gear "enough"?
I would say that chances are extremely high that this is not the driver's fault and is in fact an issue with the transmission. Definitely get this documented and/or fixed now since there are no repair/rebuild parts available for the tranny. The only option is a remanufactured unit from BMW.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts