BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

The extended warranty on my '08 ends in a couple months and wanted to ask your opinion about what I should get checked out. I have a 6MT with 30k miles. As far as I can tell, just about everything is fine except for a noisy sunroof seal, and likely need new control arm bushings. Both of which are excluded in the literature of the warranty.

What advice/experience can you pass along to wring out the last of the warranty?

Thanks.

·
Registered
259 Posts
What warranty? CPO?

If it is CPO, have them check the control arm bushings anyway. They're excluded unless they're leaking the fluid. Mine were leaking and CPO covered it (1k repair).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's the BMW extended warranty (not sure if that's the same that comes on CPO purchases).

I visually inspected the bushings last week and didn't see any fluid leaks, but noticed more play than felt normal (also there is a slight suspension clunk at slow speed over uneven pavement).

I'm thinking i should take it in for something, maybe the suspension noise, and ask the dealer to do the equivalent of a PPI.

Then, if they find anything that needs fixing, and is not covered under the warranty, I have the awkward conversation that I will take care of it on my own (thanks to the DIYs on this board).

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just had an alternator put in my '08 at 41k miles (nothing else of note). Otherwise... I just had two shops look it over thoroughly, and they couldn't find a thing.

The sunroof seal... is it a wooooooooo tone? I get that around 80 once in a while.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts