BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I have a 57 plate M5 but it has rather high mileage (now at 65k) and my BMW warranty is about to run out. BMW quote for full cover is just under £2k for the year or £1.5k for named component cover. I understand from research that it is this expensive because the car has covered over 60k and also that the BMW warranty (even comprehensive cover) will not cover certain items, namely any suspension components, once the car has done over that.

I realise that most people would say I'd be mad not to have a warranty but I do wonder that if I own this car for another three years as I intend to do whether the costs of this warranty will be recovered. I have a quote for £900 from Warranty Direct and have read mixed reviews about them with respect to M cars.

Any advice and/or experience with BMW and non-BMW warranties at this sort of mileage. If it was under a grand I think it would be a no-brainer but at this cost it has made me wonder.

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'll echo the comments you're getting over at Piston Heads... Stick with the BMW warranty. Very mixed storied about third party warranty companies making you really battle for claims. Warranty through BMW is much less hassle and worth the extra cost.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
It's a no brainer. Stick with the BMW warranty it's worth it's weight in gold.

£2k a year is not really a lot of money for the peace of mind it provides.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts