BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it sounds too good to be true, but it's been reported that the latest software update to the 5 series incorporates a 5 second limit on the 'warning' screen. After about 5 seconds, the screen reverts to the idrive menu. Hopefully this will be incorporated into the M5. For us in the US, this would be a dream come true...

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
Wolverine said:
I know it sounds too good to be true, but it's been reported that the latest software update to the 5 series incorporates a 5 second limit on the 'warning' screen. After about 5 seconds, the screen reverts to the idrive menu. Hopefully this will be incorporated into the M5. For us in the US, this would be a dream come true...
That would be very nice. It also makes sense. MB's system functions in this manner.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I hope that the US gets the auto dismissal of the warning screen, but I bet we won't. Remember, we drivers must be told at every startup that you could crash if you are not looking at the road :7:.

·
Registered
559 Posts
gh342000 said:
I hope that the US gets the auto dismissal of the warning screen, but I bet we won't. Remember, we drivers must be told at every startup that you could crash if you are not looking at the road :7:.
What if we crash while staring at the startup screen, trying to figure out how to shut the thing off...ouich

Best regards,

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
Spiroman said:
What if we crash while staring at the startup screen, trying to figure out how to shut the thing off...ouich

Best regards,
Hmmm. I guess we need another warning screen to warn us not to stare at the startup screen due to the risk of crashing into something at which we are not looking. I'm just relieved that the HUD doesn't display a skull and crossbones until the "I promise I am not a complete moron" commitment is selected in an iDrive submenu.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Oh that is funny!!

MRichmond said:
Hmmm. I guess we need another warning screen to warn us not to stare at the startup screen due to the risk of crashing into something at which we are not looking. I'm just relieved that the HUD doesn't display a skull and crossbones until the "I promise I am not a complete moron" commitment is selected in an iDrive submenu.

·
Registered
134 Posts
This is the saddest sign of what a litigous society we live in here in the U.S...

My A8L has the same thing on the MMI and I have to acknowledge the warning screen before I can go ahead and use the interface...a major pain.

I'll give credit to MB where credit is due...on my R230 SL500 the warning screen automatically fades after a time limit so no action is needed on the driver's part, a better idea.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Good Morning USA,

Better still, in Scotland we use common sense not the law courts.

Happy M5ing now you are getting deliveries through.

wdc

E60 M5 Silverstone II

royk said:
This is the saddest sign of what a litigous society we live in here in the U.S...

My A8L has the same thing on the MMI and I have to acknowledge the warning screen before I can go ahead and use the interface...a major pain.

I'll give credit to MB where credit is due...on my R230 SL500 the warning screen automatically fades after a time limit so no action is needed on the driver's part, a better idea.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts