BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'll reserve my formal introduction until I complete my purchase of my M car. In the meantime I've spent countless hours researching this forum for all things M related. Thanks in advance!

1) does anyone have the titanium trim piece that covers the ash tray for a 2000 M5? I've searched the parts link and they're all old posts reagarding this. I really don't want to have to shell out $300 for the entire shifter surround piece from realoem.com

2) what's the easiest solution to remove the phone in the center arm rest? The phone is missing and I'd either like to replace it with a "cradle" that I've seen pictures of, or get the european arm rest that doesn't have either.

3) Shifting seems a bit notchy in the morning, shifts become smoother as gear oil warms up. I see a lot of guys are running Syncromesh tranny fluid replacement. Does this help with the morning notchiness and overall smoother shifting?

4) will change oil to Castrol TWS 10w/60 once I'm in possession of the car. Until then, any place cheaper than Tischer for $17/quart?!?!

5) the NAV screen is dead. This also renders the radio inop after 5 minutes of playing. Can I just replace it with another 4:3 unit as long as that unit has been tested good? I'd love to have the 16:9 version at some point but just don't want to shell out the big $$$ on something like that just yet.

6) Any listers here from CO? I see very few sig lines with CO as an address. Would love to hook up with fellow M enthusiasts from around the area at some point.

Thanks!

Chad

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
1. I may have the trim piece you need in my basement. Let me check.....

2. Replace it with a Euro unit.

3. I replaced my tranny fluid and it helped with the notchiness.
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e3...ission-differential-fluid-today-pictures.html

4. I don't know, I use Castrol 5w30. (please, not another oil thread.)

5. I would do some more troubleshooting before shelling out the money. The screen is just that, a screen. If you are losing the radio, it sounds as if you have a larger problem.

6. Ohio here, sorry.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Timmay! If you don't mind checking your "stash" for that titanium ash tray trim piece, I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks for your tranny fluid change write-up, will definitely change that and the rear diff fluid. And if the car didn't already have a Dinan exhaust, I would have definitely done the rear muffler delete with your tips! Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
4) will change oil to Castrol TWS 10w/60 once I'm in possession of the car. Until then, any place cheaper than Tischer for $17/quart?!?!

Thanks!

Chad
I had good experiences with the oil kit on this (former board sponsor) site onlinebmwparts.com - 113.00 for 9 quarts, oem oil filter and little bottle of bmw washer fluid - oh and free shipping. If you just want oil they are stillmcheaper than Fischer butbshipping will sneak up on you.

Mike

Reactions: slideways

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Found it.....

I can either attempt to remove the piece you need or ship the whole thing..... Just let me know.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
email sent

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
They sell 5 liter bottles of lubro moly10w60 online. Dont pay 17$ a liter for that stuff. Whatever you do dont buy stuff at the bmw dealership its a complete ripoff

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Where are you picking your car from ?
Rocky mountain eurosport ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts