BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Vendor
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Design and development is now completed on the UUC/Corsa RSC39M5 exhaust system.

This exhaust is based on Corsa's Reflective Sound-Cancellation™ (RSC™) technology - a non-electrical noise control system without the complication of incorporating the use of electronics or speakers. Essentially, engine sound (pressure) waves are reflected in passages inside the muffler to cancel out unwanted sound waves. The result is a "tuned" muffler that "cleans up" the noise without eliminating the pure sound of power associated with a high-performance vehicle. Using this Corsa technology, the stainless steel Corsa Performance line of mufflers are tuned to eliminate passenger cabin resonance and produce just the "right" sound.

The result is quiet cruising with an awe-inspiring roar at full throttle. With our BMW systems, it has been described as "Nurburgring meets Talladega".

Click here for more technical details on RSC™.

The Corsa Performance muffler design does not use conventional packing materials, and provides a totally un-restrictive exhaust flow for maximum power output. The drone-free quiet-cruising nature of the UUC/Corsa RSC-based exhaust systems was reviewed in the September 2005 issue of European Car magazine in the "Sounds of Silence" article.

Construction is 100% T-304 stainless steel with mandrel-bent tubing and features polished oval "Euro" tips.

Dedication to quality manufacturing techniques and materials has allowed us to offer a lifetime warranty on these systems built in Corsa's Berea, Ohio facility.

At this time, we're looking for a few "field testers" who will be asked to review packaging, instructions, included hardware, and ease of installation. The systems they receive will be full "production" units, packaged and warranteed exactly as regular production units.

Testers will be offered significantly discounted pricing and a full money-back satisfaction guarantee through the test period.

If you are interested, please call me directly (908-874-9092) for more details.

Sound clips will be available soon.

Pics:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sounds interesting and looks to be of high quality. I'm curious though - is the twin tip design (as opposed to quad tips) purely an aesthetic choice or is it performance/sound related?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Do you have a dyno test--stock vs. modified? Also, how about a chart with db ratings over stock in the cabin at various RPMs? Maybe someone in the Bay Area can demo it to the rest of us???

·
Vendor
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WannaM5 said:
Sounds interesting and looks to be of high quality. I'm curious though - is the twin tip design (as opposed to quad tips) purely an aesthetic choice or is it performance/sound related?
Both, actually.

From a performance perspective, the RSC tuning elements are tuned for single-channel exhaust strean... and this is actually how the original M5 system is designed, a dual exhaust where each side is re-split for the quad-tip "look".

From an appearance perspective, the oval design is something different that we're seeing on more concept cars and new European models, so it gives the E39 a nice update.

- Rob

·
Vendor
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Philip said:
Do you have a dyno test--stock vs. modified?
We generally avoid publishing absolute numbers simply due to the lack of proper comparison... how another car is tested may have different results, making any different-car, different-dyno comparisons of questionable value.

Also, how about a chart with db ratings over stock in the cabin at various RPMs?
That's been done at the engineering level and is exactly how the RSC units are tuned for the specific application. Publication of the engineering data has not yet been cleared.

Maybe someone in the Bay Area can demo it to the rest of us???
That's what we'd like to see!

- Rob

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
rob, you guys got any 2005 toyota 4runner exhausts in the works? Ill field test those for you.

Those tips look great in my opinion...diffferent and nicely done.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
holy crap people, i cant believe you all havent taken this offer up...i might just buy another m5 just to keep doing UUC's field development work. Did some for the E46 M3 products and loved them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts