BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Sterling Grey M5
13 Posts
Did you end up getting the Lemans Blue near Philly with the busted fender? If so, you beat me to it by like a half hour it seems. The guy never responded to me. Guess he was in talks with you?

·
Registered
2001 M5 Lemans Blue
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you end up getting the Lemans Blue near Philly with the busted fender? If so, you beat me to it by like a half hour it seems. The guy never responded to me. Guess he was in talks with you?
Yep that's the one! I was relentlessly searching every day so messaged him as soon as it popped up. He said something like 15 other guys had messaged him as well.

I think it helped that I was relatively local, so showed up first thing Saturday morning. Car is a little rougher than the ad indicated. Bit of rust on the right rocker and inside the trunk. Needs a new valence too. Drives pretty well! Valve covers leak, needs tie rods, rear suspension bushings and diff mounts.

I love it. Really happy with the purchase. Already put 700 miles on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 Sterling Grey M5
13 Posts
Yep that's the one! I was relentlessly searching every day so messaged him as soon as it popped up. He said something like 15 other guys had messaged him as well.

I think it helped that I was relatively local, so showed up first thing Saturday morning. Car is a little rougher than the ad indicated. Bit of rust on the right rocker and inside the trunk. Needs a new valence too. Drives pretty well! Valve covers leak, needs tie rods, rear suspension bushings and diff mounts.

I love it. Really happy with the purchase. Already put 700 miles on it.
Duuuuuuude. I can't believe this one slipped through my fingers. If I had only had lunch on time that day, I would have seen the notification earlier (immediately). =)

Glad you like it though and I'm sure you'll take care of it. Still a good deal at the price he listed, even with everything you have to fix. I'm in the "relentless hunt" right now as well for an M5 that's not silver or black (boring). I'm planning to sell both 530's I have to help put me in a better position for a "needs nothing" mechanically example with a slightly more exotic color. It's really now or never for me as the prices keep going up and my midlife crisis is in full swing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
just curious where this car was advertised, at what price and where exactly it was for sale? I'm outside Philly, am looking and NEVER saw it.
Congrats

·
Registered
2003 Sterling Grey M5
13 Posts
just curious where this car was advertised, at what price and where exactly it was for sale? I'm outside Philly, am looking and NEVER saw it.
Congrats
It was TrueCar I believe and it was up for less than a day (2/13). Listed less than $9K

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just listed my e39 m5. The car is in AL. It’s posted on here so everything you’ll need to know will be in thread. Happy hunting!

·
Registered
2003 Sterling Grey M5
13 Posts
For 9k??? STOLEN!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol. Exactly. I mean it has some issues it needs remedied as mentioned above but exactly why I was so pissed about missing out on it by a half hour or so LOL

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2001 M5 Lemans Blue
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Think we might be getting cars mixed up or maybe the Truecar ad was inaccurate.

I found it on Autotrader for $8500 last Thursday night. Just under 177k miles. Bought it for $7000. Full maintenance records since 2009 @50k miles. So far I'm into it for $8500 for title + tax + registration, new rear tires, and about $500 of parts that will be installed this weekend. I'm a Porsche mechanic so "free" labor.

Feeling really great about having a perfectly driving m5 for $8500 all in. Planning to keep it stock except for a modern radio setup of some sort.

Body work will come later this spring. Besides the fender and valence, there's a small dent on the right c pillar and front right door. Paint is decent but needs a good buffing. Wheels need to be refinished too.

Will hit 178k today or tomorrow. Sold my 95 540i 6 speed to buy this, missed the e34 at first but not anymore.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Think we might be getting cars mixed up or maybe the Truecar ad was inaccurate.

I found it on Autotrader for $8500 last Thursday night. Just under 177k miles. Bought it for $7000. Full maintenance records since 2009 @50k miles. So far I'm into it for $8500 for title + tax + registration, new rear tires, and about $500 of parts that will be installed this weekend. I'm a Porsche mechanic so "free" labor.

Feeling really great about having a perfectly driving m5 for $8500 all in. Planning to keep it stock except for a modern radio setup of some sort.

Body work will come later this spring. Besides the fender and valence, there's a small dent on the right c pillar and front right door. Paint is decent but needs a good buffing. Wheels need to be refinished too.

Will hit 178k today or tomorrow. Sold my 95 540i 6 speed to buy this, missed the e34 at first but not anymore.
Ok. Now that makes more sense. With 90k miles 9k didn’t sound right. 8k for for a car with 177k miles is still a good deal with all records. I bought my Imola red for 9500 with 144k on the dash. 2 owner car. Similar to you my seller had people offering him more money to forgo meeting up with me since I reached out first. I had to buy the car on sight. Feels great to be part of the E39 M5 club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts