BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks.

As many of you are aware, the dealers out here in Cali are asking for ridiculous amounts over MSRP. I know that some of you have ordered from out of state. Can you share with me some of the specifics?

I understand that you have to pay sales tax to register the car in Cali. In order to avoid double taxes, you have to ship the car here? How is that accomplished? Also, are the dealers in Cali open to "courtesy delivery"?

Any tips/thoughts/etc would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I am in the boat. I called the DMV and got some information... The dealer (in my case in NJ) will have to prepare all the papers for you (emission 50 states, etc), give you a temp registration, and you will need to bring the car to the DMV as they will need to verify the VIN on the car. If you make an appointment ahead of time, you should be able to

I am expecting my car in January, and I am still researching. My partner is getting an X5 from NJ, and he'll have to go through this before me, and I hope to learn from his experiance...

A

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
pushed the send too soon..

Originally posted by 1C00lVC:
I am in the boat. I called the DMV and got some information...
The dealer (in my case in NJ) will have to prepare all the papers for you (emission cert. for 50 states, etc), give you a temp registration, and you will need to bring the car to the DMV as they will need to verify the VIN on the car. If you make an appointment ahead of time, you should be able to leave with plates in less then an hour....

I am expecting my car in January, and I am still researching. My business partner is getting an X5 from NJ, and he'll have to go through this before me, and I hope to learn from his experiance...

A

1 - 3 of 3 Posts