BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My old MAF had blown the out mesh and could not stand change of air filter and rubber intake boot (broken wire) so if anyone could hjelp me out with working used part I will pay same as it would cost to send it to injection lab, because I need the part asap. JDSPorsche do not do rebuild, I just made Inquiry. Rgds Rune Svello, tlf +4792019641.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, here is som news at least from BMW. They do not hold MAF but accept order. I have back ordered and wil get a quote when parts supplier gets answer from BMW. We do agree on the discount he can give. So my theory is that BMW is ordering smal batches from Bosch depending on back orders. My supplier also have login to Bosch which answers NA. I have not comitted to take the part, it depends on the price they come up with, and it could be a long wait. We are in a bad spiral on a pattern part which should be replaced on many of our cars in near term. No one doing back order because of the price, and supply chain is waiting for orders, which will get more and more expencive do limited production runs. Som way this should be adressed and organised, should beleive it to be in the hundreds pro year if normal rate of excisting cars at least have som utilisation. If better organised it might be possible to do something with the price, still expencive, but not totally out of proportion.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have tried to order one from BMW classic and all I have achieved is them emailing me when one is available. Bearing in mind this is a part which if broken means the car can´t be used without fear of engine damage then BMW should do something about it.

Bosch will tell you it is NA because BMW have the rights to the part and can only supply BMW direct. Who knows if Bosch have any sat on their shelves?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Doubt Bosch is sitting on some on the shelf, this part is now batch produced as is practise in companies supplying vintage world. In other words We need more people signing up for back order and then everyone can benefit for a limited supply for some time. Bosch is waiting for initiative from bmw classic, then they might produce so they have some for their own supply chain as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Doubt Bosch is sitting on some on the shelf, this part is now batch produced as is practise in companies supplying vintage world. In other words We need more people signing up for back order and then everyone can benefit for a limited supply for some time. Bosch is waiting for initiative from bmw classic, then they might produce so they have some for their own supply chain as well.

Did you ever hear anything back about the maf

1 - 6 of 6 Posts