BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Enthusiast in search of long-term ownership example for my 2 young boys to eventually drive, appreciate. I've owned 3 E39 M5s: TiSilver, Carbon Black and most recently a 2002 LMB with 54k miles that I unfortunately had to sell when baby #2 came and COVID hit our household hard (sold her to EAG).

COLOR: doesn't matter.

MILEAGE: I want as close to sub 100K as possible. If over 100k: feel free to reach out for my awareness.

OPTIONS: the more options the better (sunshades, split-fold rears etc.), but not a huge deal either way

IMPERATIVES:
  • ZERO rust
  • good, documented maintenance

STOCK/MODDED: Stock, some mods, supercharged, S1, S2, etc.....send them my way.

BUDGET - let's see what's available and what people are willing to sell their clean examples to a fellow enthusiast for....while I do have a budget (not a 6 figure EAG 10k mile example budget) in mind, there's some flexibility for the right example.

Added bonus: first option buyback rights to seller if I ever have to sell (which i DONT plan on doing any time soon). As i'm sure many of you are. like I was - hesitant to sell and never re-own: I view this as a nice added bonus.

thanks!

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Check carsandbids.com and bringatrailer.com - cars come up for sale almost every week.

Reactions: Highlandair

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@TexaZ3 tracking BaT, C&B, and Autotempest (Cargurus, cars.com, autotrader, etc.), as well as somewhat frequently CL and FB Marketplace listings....really hoping an enthusiast owner (not dealer/flipper, etc.) has one available via this network. I guess we'll see. thanks!

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Yeah, you are doing everything I'd do, so just stay patient, one will pop-up eventually.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I purchased my 1 owner example here about this time last year. Based on your criteria I do not think it would particularly difficult to find a very nice example relatively quickly. The market seems a bit to have cooled a bit from earlier this year, but if you think the market is going to keep going moving upwards or you are going to keep it forever I wouldn't rule out paying the dealer premium for the right car.

·
Registered
2002 Titanium Gray/Caramel M5
26 Posts
And there is another Carbon Black, 99k miles for sale on the M5 Owners Facebook Group and In E39 Parts for sale, they are private groups so I can't send those links.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 89K mile 2002 titanium silver with documented records, clean carfax if you re interested. Going to be for sale in a week

·
Registered
72 Posts
Got a 2001 carbon black on black heritage with 65700 miles I’d consider selling for the right price. Incredibly clean and enthusiast owned with good maintenance history. Mods are: black leather euro lower dash, Supersprint mufflers, BlueBus in place of CD changer. Otherwise stock. Love the car but it’s a third vehicle and has pretty much been stored for the last year minus a few drives to keep fluids moving. Located in Boston (not winter driven of course, and no rust even in the gas cap area).

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got a 2001 carbon black on black heritage with 65700 miles I’d consider selling for the right price. Incredibly clean and enthusiast owned with good maintenance history. Mods are: black leather euro lower dash, Supersprint mufflers, BlueBus in place of CD changer. Otherwise stock. Love the car but it’s a third vehicle and has pretty much been stored for the last year minus a few drives to keep fluids moving. Located in Boston (not winter driven of course, and no rust even in the gas cap area).
PMed

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just moved out of boston… :(
Also interested. [email protected]
I have no color preference, just the condition.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts