BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a relatively low mileage 2001-2003 M5. No particular color preference, more concerned with overall condition and maintenance. CPO warranty a plus.

Please PM with your price and any pictures you may have. Realistic prices only. I am not looking to pay $60k for a 2001 with 50k miles....

Thanks!
Greg

·
Registered
754 Posts
A friend of mine in FL may still have his 2002 T.Silver M5 for sale. It had less than 5000 miles on it when I last spoke to him.He had it in Autoweek a few weeks ago, but I don't know if he sold it or not.
It is in immaculate condition, becasue he is so dang anal!
The kind of guy who puts a floor mat to cover a floor mat.
His name is Mike Miller.
Mike's e mail address is: [email protected]
I would have bought it if he had it on the market back in January.
Tell him Bob in Phoenix sent you.
Maybe, he'll spring for a couple of cold ones at the USGP next June.
Great car if it is still available.
GOOD LUCK!

GTFISH said:
Looking for a relatively low mileage 2001-2003 M5. No particular color preference, more concerned with overall condition and maintenance. CPO warranty a plus.

Please PM with your price and any pictures you may have. Realistic prices only. I am not looking to pay $60k for a 2001 with 50k miles....

Thanks!
Greg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bob,
I will send him an email this eveing. Thanks for the lead!

howler said:
A friend of mine in FL may still have his 2002 T.Silver M5 for sale. It had less than 5000 miles on it when I last spoke to him.He had it in Autoweek a few weeks ago, but I don't know if he sold it or not.
It is in immaculate condition, becasue he is so dang anal!
The kind of guy who puts a floor mat to cover a floor mat.
His name is Mike Miller.
Mike's e mail address is: [email protected]
I would have bought it if he had it on the market back in January.
Tell him Bob in Phoenix sent you.
Maybe, he'll spring for a couple of cold ones at the USGP next June.
Great car if it is still available.
GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Shameless plug here.

My 2000 will kick any stock M5's ***, has all the usual issues resolved, has 65K, and includes a 3yr/36k warranty. Even without the warranty, the car should be good to 120K w/no issues. Price reduced to $42K.

See my ad in the For Sale section.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Here is your dilemma: A cpo usually means a dealer is selling OR the car was bought from a dealer used- either way you have some uncertainty as the ownership prior to the cpo is obscured.

Of course the problem with buying from a dealer is price.

Try finding a private party with the car you want- original owner is ideal as you'll have a better idea of history.

2002s will be coming off lease in the next 6 months. Generally 45k will be the lease end buy outs. (Even at 48k on the agreement the lease company may take less.)

Trick is to find a dealer willing to cpo the car and be involved in the tranaction. I lined up a deal for $1295 for the cpo warranty and $500 for their troubles/inspection/etc.

There was a really well maintained 2002 grey/caramel with around 20k miles that could be had for 51k in January with a cpo ... m5xtc was the member here.

good luck.. with your specs the problem is too many to look at!

ard

PS Anybody else find the the BMWCCA classifieds have the most unrealistic prices of anywhere??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jajo said:
Hey :)

I have a 2002 Silver on Black Sport.

23,000 miles
Send me info on her, please, including your price.

I have to have a 2001 or later car because I am leasing it. When you go to a 2000 model they either won't lease it or they ad a horrendous money factor and next to zero for the residual. In other words I can lease a 2003 for less money.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ard said:
Here is your dilemma: A cpo usually means a dealer is selling OR the car was bought from a dealer used- either way you have some uncertainty as the ownership prior to the cpo is obscured.

Of course the problem with buying from a dealer is price.

Try finding a private party with the car you want- original owner is ideal as you'll have a better idea of history.

2002s will be coming off lease in the next 6 months. Generally 45k will be the lease end buy outs. (Even at 48k on the agreement the lease company may take less.)

Trick is to find a dealer willing to cpo the car and be involved in the tranaction. I lined up a deal for $1295 for the cpo warranty and $500 for their troubles/inspection/etc.

There was a really well maintained 2002 grey/caramel with around 20k miles that could be had for 51k in January with a cpo ... m5xtc was the member here.

good luck.. with your specs the problem is too many to look at!

ard

PS Anybody else find the the BMWCCA classifieds have the most unrealistic prices of anywhere??

Thanks for the info. Getting a car CPO'd shouldn't be a problem since a friend of mine is married to the owner of a BMW dealership's daughter.

Yes, the BMWCCA ads are a bit optimistic, to say the least!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Greg - I've got an '03 imola red with black interior, 30,500 miles, very clean with extended warranty for sale here in Virginia. with a Kelleners 83mm exhaust, 19" BBS LMs, UUC short shift, stage II Xenon's, Dinan stage III suspension, and strut brace, and AA CAI for sale for 52K (of course stock wheels and tires are included too). email me at [email protected] if you may be interested. The car is awesome. I'm getting a new car next month. Nigel

BTW - I am NOT willing to sell any of the parts off the car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NigelM5 said:
Greg - I've got an '03 imola red with black interior, 30,500 miles, very clean with extended warranty for sale here in Virginia. with a Kelleners 83mm exhaust, 19" BBS LMs, UUC short shift, stage II Xenon's, Dinan stage III suspension, and strut brace, and AA CAI for sale for 52K (of course stock wheels and tires are included too). email me at [email protected] if you may be interested. The car is awesome. I'm getting a new car next month. Nigel

BTW - I am NOT willing to sell any of the parts off the car.
Nigel,
I just sent you a PM and an email (I think it may have bounced though). I am interested in your car. email is [email protected]
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I have a 2001 jet black that has 7800 miles and a 72-month extended warranty bought at purchase from Assael BMW in Monrovia, California. The exterior is concours quality without scratches, not even one chip on the front of the car from debris. It is in absolutely new car condition. The car is completely stock and unmodified.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Greg:
Did my friend in FL ever to respond to your e-mail concerning his 02 Silver M5?
Just curious.
Bob

GTFISH said:

Thanks!
Greg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
howler said:
Greg:
Did my friend in FL ever to respond to your e-mail concerning his 02 Silver M5?
Just curious.
Bob
Bob,
He did and he has sold the car. Thanks for the lead just the same.
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
My brother in law has asked me to sell his 01 for him. It's black, has 15k miles. It's a nice one. If you are interested I'll have him email the pics. Tom

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi! I am new at posting things on the computer, but I just put a for sale ad on the M5 site today. I have a 2002 M5 in charcoal gray/solid black interior with 12,200 miles on it. It has been a garage queen! Never raced or wrecked. There is one door ding on the left rear that has been improved by a dent removal person. At some angles you can not see it, but sighting along the length of the car you can tell where it was. No other flaws. Just had the first major service (even though the last green light was still lit on the display!). e-mail me at [email protected]. The car is in Texas. Thanks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts