BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the Nowack resonators taken off and sent to the Ute in Australia late last year.
Not been back since then and today I had an idea...

So I thought I'd have a bit of a play with the video and see how she'd go with this super open throated sound on the open road.

Your call but I was happy with the sound even though it's totally useless for the road and no race track would take it (drag strip might?)
The noise coming from this engine was even better then the clip and way louder.
You need a sound system to get some sort of 100+decibel ear abuse.

I had to drive the car the whole time with the widows up as it even kills out the BSW upgrade, it can't even over power the engine it at even 2,000rpm

So I'm in the need to put in some replacements resonators in shortly and looking like buying some Burns Stainless ones.

Enjoy.....Only if you like how the E39's can sound.

E39 M5's sound exiting at X pipe... auido heaven, warning loud. - YouTube

Apples

·
Registered
803 Posts
Oh dear mother of God. That's just insane!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Awesome!

How's the Max jack, installed in your garage?

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Made me giggle like a child :)

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
With some big assed bolts... that's how.
Used a 7/8th bit to drill the holes out.
Not moved it like they show possible just easy to leave ut there.
MaxJax was easy and worth the buy.
You can't stand under it at full lift unless your real short but perfect of anything else in my line of work that the cars will see.

Apples

·
Registered
494 Posts
Awesome always like your vids.. And your other rides!! Says something that you enjoy an E39 M5 among those.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
With some big assed bolts... that's how.
Used a 7/8th bit to drill the holes out.
Not moved it like they show possible just easy to leave ut there.
MaxJax was easy and worth the buy.
You can't stand under it at full lift unless your real short but perfect of anything else in my line of work that the cars will see.

Apples
Whats the minimum concrete thickness allowed for the maxjack to be secure?
I have always feared installing something like that in my garage due to the shallower depth of the concrete slab in a residential garage vs a commercial one.

·
Registered
719 Posts
That is crazy.....the last 10 seconds of the video must have cost you several hundred dollars in tires.

I enjoyed it, thanks for posting.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Whats the minimum concrete thickness allowed for the maxjack to be secure?
I have always feared installing something like that in my garage due to the shallower depth of the concrete slab in a residential garage vs a commercial one.
I wondered about this as well... the solution is to excavated a portion of the existing pad.. dig a little deeper and re-pour with the correct thickness..

not sure how costly it would be though..

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Sounds really good, Burns Stainless is really nice stuff as well. What kind of X pipe have you got there?

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not 100% sure of the thickness min But I think it's 4" you could always drill a test hole to see what you've got
I remembering telling my builder at the time to build [email protected] 5-6" and the bolts go deep, but still good for 4" floors
The rubber showed no signs I'd even done a 50yard strip.

·
Registered
59 Posts
That. Was. Awesome.

Gave me chills on those brutal downshifts near the end of the vid. :wroom:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts