BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Due to the GTR's turbo's and their massive sound attenuation, Engineers are free to design a muffler that amplifies sound in the lower frequency range.

You would be hard pressed to find anyone that would judge the GTR to be the equal of the E60 in sonic qualities when both are going all out.

I guess I took the bait to have a discussion on this LOL

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Here you go.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/00LPlHDP98Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Please tell me that's not real.
And it only takes a half a day to install (must be all that soldering and splicing into the wiring harness )! LOL

I guess besides the all "show and no go" crowd, Internet vendors have progressed to take money from the "sounds like but is not" crowd (perhaps a little less than a crowd, I HOPE)

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I'm starting to think if these threads are even real. Seriously.

LOL was my first gesture, but sorry to answer your question, this will never happen. Maybe if you wanted your civic to sound like a GTR, then maybe I can understand. I've never heard of anyone wanting their V10 to sound like a GTR, now that's just weird. Sound output has so many variables (which I won't explain) and to get our v10 to sound like a V6 TT is just not going to happen. But however, I do agree that a GTR sounds amazing on pretty much all levels.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Randy seriously a fake BOV?? Out of control.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Randy seriously a fake BOV?? Out of control.
hahah my tenant showed this to my yesterday and I found it to be so funny.

I ordered one for Leo to install onto his M5 or his future Panamera :)

Reactions: Killer-Bimmer

·
Registered
975 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Troll much? You won't even get the same exhaust note that the V6 in the GT-R puts out with the V10 lol.

·
Registered
74 Posts
:cool:Want my E60 to sound like the Gtr, it's sounds so beautiful when idle and it's still growling.....
The exit is down the hall to the left...zzzzz

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
why not? BMW itself has provided F10 with fake noise which can't be turned off without tampering with electronics, that's more facepalm than Civic riceboys installing fake things on their cars.
It's not just the F10 M5, it's in the F80 and F82 M3/M4 as well. When I test drove the F80 M3 and F82 M4 (Dan and Shawn were with me when we test drove the F80 M3), I had the sales guy explain to us how the sound we heard in the cabin is a pre-recorded soundtrack of the car, not even a microphone in the engine bay.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Gtr

Get a g37 and put a exhaust on that! They sound the same.:hihi:

·
Registered
222 Posts
wow, these guys are hardcore, they've got a red R34 GTR and S15 silvia, if this was 10 years ago i'd be pretty impressed. still, much respect to anyone driving on the right and shifting with their left hand.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts