BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone i just got a set of vw mafs and the screws are stuck and will not come out i have all the proper torx bits but they just strip the screws. they are crappy the screws on the original mafs came out no problem. what the heck anyone have this happen?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Needle nose vise grip or comparable. That's what I use as I have not ordered my bits yet. This works fine for me.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Needle nose vise grip or comparable. That's what I use as I have not ordered my bits yet. This works fine for me.
+1 Thats what I used also.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Plus some PB Blaster, let it soak for a while.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Do you have a dremel? I had the same problem (kinda, I had the right bit for the screw but they stripped). Just grind/cut in a straight cut in the screw and use a screw driver (falt tip). A little quicker then drilling out if you have a dremel or small grinder with a cutoff type wheel.

Hopefully my explaination makes sense.

Veronica

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Use pliers.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dont have most of my tools as i recently moved and bought some torx bits and have ratchet set with me. i tried pliers and no go. ill try the dremel or the vise grips tomorrow. thanks guys these screws are so soft they might as well be made out of plastic. horrible

1 - 10 of 10 Posts