BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in my prior life I was heavily into VW's, constantly buying parts to maintain my fleet of 5 GTI's... I got to know the VW parts manager at my local dealer very well (almost daily for a while)... I just contacted him about quantity pricing on the VW MAF that works with our M5's. Part #06A906461A... Retail price with VW is 210.00. My buy price is 168.00 currently. He is willing to deal if I can get a group of people together. Is there any interest? Apparently they have seen this price jump because MKIV Golfs/Jettas/Beetles that had this MAF are now not in production.. most are not in warranty any more either. The buying power VWoA had against Bosch is not what it was even 6 months ago, he said.

Please reply to this thread with interest in some new MAF's... The price would be less than 168.00 for sure. How much is dictated in relationship to the amount of interest that this gets...

Thanks

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
I'd be interested to see how low we can go. Do you have an estimate on how many people would be needed at a minimum to drop the price?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd be interested to see how low we can go. Do you have an estimate on how many people would be needed at a minimum to drop the price?
I mentioned initially to him a price on 20 units (10 buyers)... I think at 10 confirmed buyers we would see the price drop by at least 25$ each. I'm not looking to make money no this one bit. It is possible that he may knock off more. I do not know what VW dealers pay for this part, but I would suspect that if he can sell wholesale at 168.00... The dealer pays about 125-135 on this part.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Has anyone thought to just look to buy the Bosch part number from a Bosch supplier?. Here in Canada, I did that last year for about $70 CAN....They worked just fine. There is no housing, just the plug-in element..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Has anyone thought to just look to buy the Bosch part number from a Bosch supplier?. Here in Canada, I did that last year for about $70 CAN....They worked just fine. There is no housing, just the plug-in element..

Wonderful... I will check into this. Thanks for the info.

Will

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
the BOSCH F 00C 2G2 032 MAF sensor is the one that comes with the VW Part #06A906461A.

...the OE is F 00C 2G2 029

...I think DavidS did a group by a year or two ago and was able to get the part seperately, others not...

...if you end up getting them with the VW housing, just remove it so you can repackage in smaller packaging/lower shipping costs etc...

...I might be interested if it's a genuine -032 BOSCH

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
is that price for a pair, or just one MAF?

I paid $150/pair for mine a couple months ago

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the BOSCH F 00C 2G2 032 MAF sensor is the one that comes with the VW Part #06A906461A.

...the OE is F 00C 2G2 029

...I think DavidS did a group by a year or two ago and was able to get the part seperately, others not...

...if you end up getting them with the VW housing, just remove it so you can repackage in smaller packaging/lower shipping costs etc...

...I might be interested if it's a genuine -032 BOSCH
The quote that I got is for a single MAF unit wiith housing. They would be genuine, fresh from the VW supply. I had not thought of trying to source the sensor itself separately. I used to do that for my TDI. I'll get back with everyone with my findings on going that route.

Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts