BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Looks great!! I just received the call an hour ago that mine has arrived and is being sent to my house. Did you install this yourself? I plan to leave mine carbon on my Silverstone M6 but painted may look cool with your black.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Looks great!!! I'm getting my Vorsteiner splitter installed on my Silverstone M6 today... I'll post some pics for your reference. BTW, did yours come with any screws/fasteners or instructions? Mine just came with the splitters only.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
The CF weave looks best as it matches the CF roof....

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
the pattern is quite different.
i dont think it matches that well..
Actually Vorsteiner offers various patterns on the lip....if you tell them you want the weave to match the CF Roof...they will make if for you...mine matches up pretty nicely

·
Registered
155 Posts
i love it~ always been a fan of this lip. nice mod~!

·
Registered
797 Posts
KEEP IT CARBON!

The CF weave looks best as it matches the CF roof....
after a while you'll have to repaint it and it's so low to the ground you'll get rock chips like crazy. being carbon fiber helps hide the chips, than all you have to do is re clear it. easier and long lasting. as for my set up i love it and it finishes the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
I am planning on putting the paint protection film (aka clear bra) on the Vorsteiner lip to prevent the rock chipping and help with the the ground scraping. I did that on my E60 545i for the entire Hamann front bumper, held up pretty well too!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
sorry they just asked me what weave I wanted..:dunno:

·
Registered
397 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Looks great!!! I'm getting my Vorsteiner splitter installed on my Silverstone M6 today... I'll post some pics for your reference. BTW, did yours come with any screws/fasteners or instructions? Mine just came with the splitters only.
Any pics yet? My wife said mine just arrived...I am anxious to get home to see which CF pattern I got...hopefully it matches the roof! I ordered mine direct from Vorsteiner. For those who have theirs installed, was this done with screws or some type of adhesive?? I thought the guy from Vorsteiner told me it comes with screws...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts