BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading many threads on the good and bad of Vorsteiner CF products I decided to purchase the Hood and Front Spoiler for my M6 Convertible. I could not be happier with the products. The fit and finish was excellent. It took over a month to get the parts, but other than that it was a great experience. The most important part is having a good install. I use C2 Design in Tampa for all my mods. These guys are top notch in every area. They got my hood and spoiler painted and clearcoated perfectly and did a great job on the install making sure the fit was excellent. Here are a few photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice car!!! looks MEAN now... did you clear coat the front lip? ...
Thanks, yes the hood top & bottom and spoiler were all clearcoated.

·
Registered
25 Posts
now its time to change those badges to carbon fiber too. I did mine, got it from ebay from taiwan, fitting had some small issue. but it can pass.

what big improvements! felt couple more HP even : )

·
Registered
192 Posts
It looks very mean..excellent choice..did you have to clear coat the front lip?? I thought you didnt have to since it's carbon fiber..

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
now its time to change those badges to carbon fiber too. I did mine, got it from ebay from taiwan, fitting had some small issue. but it can pass.

what big improvements! felt couple more HP even : )
Actually, they are carbon fiber front and rear. I got them from
European Auto Source (EAS). Most of my car is Carbon Fiber, front grills, mirror covers, roundels, fender grills.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It looks very mean..excellent choice..did you have to clear coat the front lip?? I thought you didnt have to since it's carbon fiber..
All carbon fiber will yellow over time in the sun. Clearcoating helps delay the inevitable. The carbon fiber is a good finish, but it still needs some buffing and either paint or clearcoat before installing for a good job.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
wow...looks amazing...I have the same car and hood!! Need to install it already though...glad I know it will look sick. Thanks for sharing your pics!!!

·
Registered
991 Posts
wow that looks good, I like the hamann front but I really am starting to like the stock front with the lip. I just need to replace my front and would rather just do a different brand than get a new stock front.

·
Registered
25 Posts
what about the wheel caps, they are still OEM. it will make a nice differences.
our car is very similar i got a silvertone coupe vorsteiner hood, all carbon mirror cover, emblem, wheel cap. Your lip is a great addition, but the road condition where i am at it wouldn't survive.
I even thought about getting the carbon exhaust tip from meisterchraft, but now it turns out they are fake know offs...

any one know if I can overlay a nice carbon fiber tip on some e-race?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Your M6 sounded awesome, can you post pics of the ride?

our car is very similar i got a silvertone coupe vorsteiner hood, all carbon mirror cover, emblem, wheel cap. Your lip is a great addition, but the road condition where i am at it wouldn't survive.
I even thought about getting the carbon exhaust tip from meisterchraft, but now it turns out they are fake know offs...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I have Dinan Wheels in the shop getting powdercoated now. I won't be keeping the OEM wheels. The Dinan Wheel set is getting painted Charcol Grey with Black accents. It should look awesome. I'll be running 275 30/19's front and 295 30/19's rear. I'll post pics when they are done. Anyone interested in buying my OEM wheels with PS2's (8000 miles) make me an offer.

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Nice...love the blacked out powerdome:cheers:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts