BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was wondering what kind of option you guys chose for your Vorsteiner VRS front lip for the m6.. in black or black mesh?

which one matches our roof the best?

And also if i may ask and you guys are willing to answer.. how much did you pay for the lip and how much was it to install?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
When you order the Vorsteiner lip be sure to tell them you want the CF weave (1:1) that matches the CF roof (they have a couple different options)...

As far as cost, I believe it retails around $1600 or so...install varies but should take about an hour or so

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
When you order the Vorsteiner lip be sure to tell them you want the CF weave (1:1) that matches the CF roof (they have a couple different options)...

As far as cost, I believe it retails around $1600 or so...install varies but should take about an hour or so
+1

Thanks for the tip on the 1x1 weave. I'm waiting for mine to come in.
I guess they are made when ordered. They said 2-3 weeks.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Carbon Fiber Lip (and no I didnt scrape it!!):

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ shot! right der!

·
Registered
242 Posts
vic you have the hottest looking m6 i've ever seen

·
Registered
8 Posts
I did the install my self. It took me 20 min. Only gripe is the lip didnt come with hardware or 3M tape. I ran 3M double stick tape along the edge and also used the holes to drill in the screws.

·
Registered
192 Posts
does it need to be clear coated??

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yes, the Vorsteiner lip should be clear coated before putting on the car... But in my case I had the paint protection film (aka. clear bra) on it instead, I wanted the shine and protection from rock chips.
thanks, that's what I was thinking about doing...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts