BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Dealer tells me that you can't retro fit the Voice recognition module unless you have the comms pack factory fitted in a 2000 face lift model.

Does this sound right?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Well mine is the original e39 M5 and I have a voice module. I do have a BMW phone though.

- Kin

·
Registered
147 Posts
RichardM5 said:
My Dealer tells me that you can't retro fit the Voice recognition module unless you have the comms pack factory fitted in a 2000 face lift model.

Does this sound right?
In 2000, I was driving an early-build 540i/6 -- so early, that it was built in June of 1999. I remember reading about the VR module, and realizing it wouldn't fit my car. I *think* the crossover point was a build date in March of 2000, but I'm not sure. I remember a web site that had pix of what to look for -- a certain connector in the trunk near the nav system (which I did have in my 504i/6, and the 528i that preceeded it).

I have the VR in my M5, and I love it...and not just for the "Oh wow" factor. Of course, it was far less common in the industry when I got my car 3 years ago. Now, most high-end cars w/nav offer it.

·
Registered
366 Posts
My 08/00 M5 has the Mk4 NAV retrofitted along with the BMW ULF for bluetooth and a latest version microphone. My BlackBerry 7920 paired just fine but the voice recognition won't work, nor can I speak to anyone that calls me, despite hearing them perfectly. Very odd and frustrating. I'm trying to get (non-existant) technical support from Parag at Advanced Autovations. I've had it in the M5 non functioning over a month owing to general lack of response and sluggishness on his part. Costs more than $600 too. Nice.

Beware.............grrrrrrrgrrrrrrrgrrrrrrrgrrrrrrr

1 - 4 of 4 Posts