BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the CPT8000 Star Tac. It wasn't on the lease so we had the dealer remove it. We have the voice module, phone module, cradle, and phone. The phone is for CDMA Verizon and I believe it will work on Sprint (never tried). The phone was bought in December 2003 after I lost my first.

If you have a car with the phone and with out the voice unit, the voice unit makes all the difference. It supports digit dialing and name dialing. Names must be stored. Digits are spoken "9-7-3 5-4-1" and she responds "973541", Etc. Not perfect however it works very well. And makes handsfree dialing a reality!

If you have a nav system, this is far and away the best way to dial a number. For PBX menus you will have use the dialing in the radio unit. That is actually a little better if you don't have the nav.

The phone will also enable BMWs version of On-Star with emergency service.

Make me an offer. I paid $500 for the phone so be realistic!

·
Registered
286 Posts
:M5eyes:
David said:
This is the CPT8000 Star Tac. It wasn't on the lease so we had the dealer remove it. We have the voice module, phone module, cradle, and phone. The phone is for CDMA Verizon and I believe it will work on Sprint (never tried). The phone was bought in December 2003 after I lost my first.

If you have a car with the phone and with out the voice unit, the voice unit makes all the difference. It supports digit dialing and name dialing. Names must be stored. Digits are spoken "9-7-3 5-4-1" and she responds "973541", Etc. Not perfect however it works very well. And makes handsfree dialing a reality!

If you have a nav system, this is far and away the best way to dial a number. For PBX menus you will have use the dialing in the radio unit. That is actually a little better if you don't have the nav.

The phone will also enable BMWs version of On-Star with emergency service.

Make me an offer. I paid $500 for the phone so be realistic!
:cheers: I have an 01 without the a phone and have after market Nav will it work in my car and does the dealer have to install it. I hate to make offers because I dont like to low ball people,What will you take for it a fair price.

Thanks Ron!

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Make sure you local cell company will activate a CDMA phone- some companies here in CA are only activating GSM service. All carriers are trying to convert all users to GSM nation wide- some more aggressively than others.

ard

1 - 3 of 3 Posts