BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found info on removing these labels using acetone and a toothbrush and it worked great. I have owned the car for 6 weeks and the stickers bugged me from day one. Thanks !

I also replaced the side markers with a smoked version that really helped the look of the car. The white ones also bugged me from day one. I guess I have the mod bug since the car has also been in the garage since I bought it due to the weather.

Think spring !!!:M5rev::M5launch:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I removed them and did it on the bench. A stiff plastic scraper removed the plastic cover to reveal the torx screws. The trick is to only push the scraper under the cover the slightest bit. It only took about 15 min/side.

·
Registered
962 Posts
any chance you can snap and post a few pics?

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Yes, pics. And specifically what product did you use to remove the warning labels?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Those things bother me as well. I take them off by using goof off. I use a Q-tip and work the edges and then continue. I don't take off the visor. Afterwards, use some leather preserver or conditioner and hit it up so it doesn't haze up.

·
Registered
162 Posts
:lightbulb:GREAT idea. I tried it. Fingernail polish remover and a old toothbrush to remove it. Then finger nail polish remover (acitone)and a rag to clean it up( wear rubber gloves). Then Griot's leather renewer. Looks better than I thought. :lightbulb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts