BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.fandsenterprises.com/vircar.htm

There were 2 LeMans Blue M5's in the C group. Mine is the one without tape on the front fog lights, my car number was c30. There was also another E39 M5, but I think it was in the A group and also an E60 M5 either in the A group or Instructor group. There were TONS of M3's there.

Had a great weekend, was my first time with an instructor in the car. Was surprised that they put me in C group, expected to go in D. I had only had my car at VIR one other time, with a pace car and no passing. The instructor said it worked out good and he saw me moving up to B (solo) after maybe 2 more times in C. Definitely learned a lot and got better with each session. The uphill esses actually became fun at speed!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I thought there were more M5s there than normal...I was in the red 4 door M3:

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought there were more M5s there than normal...I was in the red 4 door M3:
Were you the one I passed on Falls of the Neuse a couple days ago?

Definitely seems like M3's are the track car of choice according to how many were at the VIR event.

I did go out with an instructor in his car on Sunday, that was crazy! I'll stick with my comfy C group for now. :)

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Were you the one I passed on Falls of the Neuse a couple days ago?

Definitely seems like M3's are the track car of choice according to how many were at the VIR event.

I did go out with an instructor in his car on Sunday, that was crazy! I'll stick with my comfy C group for now. :)
Nope, probably not - most likely CSBM5 - he's around here also. I haven't taken the M5 out of the garage since last Wed. :( Time for a drive, methinks. :cheers:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Seems like you guys had fun. David maybe you can chime in with some pics since I know you were there. I may have to contemplate going some time in the future. More pics please.........

·
Registered
868 Posts
I saw your car there, I was in the paddock early for the Trackdaze event Monday and Tuesday with my M3 (Green #36). I thought the brown E60 was gorgeous, he was an instructor. I had never before seen that color. Very nice. Glad you had a good time, remember, all Tarheel events have instructors however you can be signed off as solo for that particular event but I don't think they let a student drive solo until the second day.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Seems like you guys had fun. David maybe you can chime in with some pics since I know you were there. I may have to contemplate going some time in the future. More pics please.........
Since you asked Julian...
(this is my first time postings photos, so let's hope this works :typing: )

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts