BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just have to say that it was an incredible time. The instructors were fantastic! Went 2 weeks ago and i'm still smiling. The arrival eve we pull in and there were 08' M6's, M5's, M3's, X5's sitting in the parking lot of the lodge and at the welcome dinner. Dinner and onsite lodge($99) was a bargain and very nice. View from the lodge looks directly at the track.
Morning 1 you drive over and there are rows of brand new M6, M5, M3 and Z4M's. Not a bad way to start the day. Over the two days we did the skidpad twice(Z4, M5's), did some heel/toe and hard braking drills, drove the 1 mile patriot course and broke into groups of 2 cars with 1 instructor car and cycled through the different cars on the main track. There was no lack of speed and depending on the instructor you drove near a comfortable limit. After one stint, a mechanic that rode around in the instructors car said we were hitting 160+ on the back straight. The only thing that surprised me was how many M3's had warped rotors. Considering we were the first school to drive them. :dunno:
Also, a race team(M3) were there practicing when we took breaks and gave anyone interested a ride around the track in their car. Very cool!
Overall, the track is incredible and worth any opportunity you might have to drive on it. I'm looking forward to going back for some PCA events later this year. I picked up an 85 911 Carrera(Roll bar, exhaust, chip, race seats, 5 point belt) when I got back. My M5 won't see the track since it's my daily commuter and costs $95k, but it was impressive to see how well they perform on a track!
We did do a lead/follow with MRDRIFTER a couple of times and I asked him to show us something and of course he did through the flat S section. Lit'em up, smoke pouring from the rear, side to side. Very cool to watch from behind him. A really nice guy too.

·
Registered
907 Posts
wow, sounds like a great time.....makes me wish I'd bought mine new...however.....I will say this.....if you start tracking a PCar....even just track days and DE's.....you will eventually take your M on the track....and you won't regret it!

Chris

1 - 2 of 2 Posts