BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you might remember that quite a while ago, some turd in a white pickup truck slammed his door against my car...intentionally. My co-worker witnessed the entire thing, and gave me all the details and a description of the perpetrator (and the name of his company, which was on the side of his truck)

The company that said turd worked for denied that he was there, denied any wrongdoing, and refused payment. The only thing I could do was cough up the deductable and get the work done. So I did.

Last week, a letter arrived in the mail from my insurance company with a check for the deductable amount. I called them to see what the check was for since it had been so long. They told me that they were successful in getting the company to pay, and were refunding my deductable

justice is sweet! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Score one for the Insurance company for not giving up. BTW, what insurance company do you use?

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
That's nice. I hope turd doesn't know where you live :(

·
Registered
88 Posts
a similar turd reversed into my car in a car park and pushed it onto a traffic island and drove off grrrrrrr - no witnesses

need new bonnet, drivers Xenon and bumper - £2000 - have £450 excess / deductible

insurance company say's if i contact their Legal Dept they may be able to recover / pay £450 - i do not know how or why yet :confused: - heres hopin

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mr_bock said:
Score one for the Insurance company for not giving up. BTW, what insurance company do you use?
State Farm. I had originally waited to see if the guy would pay, and then decide if I'd have the work done. When they called and said "no luck", I decided to have the work done anyway...

When I got the deposit back, I wasn't excited about the cash, but the knowledge that they succeeded in getting their insurance company to pay. :M5thumbs:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts