BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How you doin ppl?

Finally have the time to get my tuned E60 M5 and compare it with the E55 AMG for the difference.

I also wanna give you my opinion of the exhausts. The Supersprint headers and race catalysers(or sport, I forgot lol). When I first turn it on, it sounds AWESOME! It really makes a difference when idle and revving it especially :biggrinbounce:.

Nowadays, more people turn heads from a farther distance when they hear my car :7:. And on the road, I dont really need the horn anymore. It just takes a blip on the throttle and they'll move in an instant :3:.

But the best thing about it is that it isn't that loud and it isn't that low like the stock either. It's a perfect balance for everyday use to me :thumbsup:. But member M6_Kelleners has the Kelleners tip included along with the Supersprint heads and cats and its unbearable to me. Damn its loud!! So loud that if I get my M5 beside it and we both floor it, Im unable to hear my car at all with the mods!

The difference in performance is noticeable. It really gave a good boost to my car, as it can show in the videos. The E55 Vath is stock AMG with Vath tips exhaust and kit.

I recommend anyone who just wants his car a bit louder or have a good performance increase(about 30rwhp which is really good), to get the Supersprint headers and cats. You wont be dissapointed!!

I have purchased the mods from member KeithTa who sold his M6 and he says that when he removed the heads and cats from his M6 he noticed a good power decrease.

And member M6_Kelleners thinks that those 2 mods are the best mods to get for the most hp gain and I think he's right.

The first video is before I did any mods. The rest of them are with the mods and they all start from 50km/h till 140-180km/h. ENJOY!

Oh yeah! And some pics of the exhaust from under(sorry its bad quality, taken it from my phone) and pics from the back of a stock M5 compared to mine(I think its because its taken from the M6 which has a longer wheelbase to be sticking out that much, but it looks better now)

I also changed the clutch from the dealer. Now it feels less harsh in gearchange than before, just like the M6 :)

Before the mods:
After mods(with some cruising :) )

20080110040.jpg

20080110041.jpg

20080110042.jpg

20080110044.jpg

20080116046.jpg

m5.jpg

m52.jpg

·
Registered
370 Posts
Wow those are some cool vids... M5 rocks!

·
Registered
206 Posts
i see u have tuned ur m5 finally, no wonder why i see u reving the m5 as u enter university, trying to grab some attention as if u need to with such a wonderful car:)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i see u have tuned ur m5 finally, no wonder why i see u reving the m5 as u enter university, trying to grab some attention as if u need to with such a wonderful car:)
I dont rev by purpose by the way! Thats how loud it became :haha:. The security at the university ask me to rev in times and I do it lol

·
Registered
467 Posts
My bavarian brother, what an inprovement after these crazy *** mods :) we should deffenetly race that E55 till 300 to show how our beasts kill the amg's even more at those speeds :1: for all m5board members out there, JAD is an insane driver (knock on wood) with an insane car after these mods :applause: DRIVE SAFE BRO :cool:

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
sounds amazing

Reactions: Jad
1 - 11 of 11 Posts