BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
I am putting together a channel on YouTube with some of the videos from a recent trip thru the Smoky Mountains. I'm not a video expert by any means, but they are fun to watch anyway.
The channel can be found here:

YouTube - teachdocss kanal

This particular video has some amusing commentary from my copilot wife. At about 2:30 in this video, she says "Slow Down! Don't come right up on his *** on a corner!" We both attended the M Driving School and the instructors nicknamed her "Brakes" for coming right up on someone's *** in a corner and jamming on the brakes. :applause:

A video still near the cabin at the top of a mountain.

View attachment 120150

View attachment 120151

View attachment 120152

View attachment 120153

View attachment 120154

View attachment 120155

View attachment 120156

Attachments

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Where at in the smokies? TN or NC?? Some of the best driving roads in the country are here.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Lovely video with lovely sounds! Can we get some more pictures as well?

Thansk for sharing!

I am putting together a channel on YouTube with some of the videos from a recent trip thru the Smoky Mountains. I'm not a video expert by any means, but they are fun to watch anyway.
The channel can be found here:

YouTube - teachdocss kanal

This particular video has some amusing commentary from my copilot wife. At about 2:30 in this video, she says "Slow Down! Don't come right up on his *** on a corner!" We both attended the M Driving School and the instructors nicknamed her "Brakes" for coming right up on someone's *** in a corner and jamming on the brakes. :applause:

A video still near the cabin at the top of a mountain.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
LMAO.."the blurr of colors is pretty.." :) .....at least your wife is willing to go with you...my wife would have had enough a minute into this drive (she gets light headed and slight motion sickness)....maybe I should drive like this next time!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Thanks for the nice video, has anyone of you guys noticed something strange at 3:34 in the Smoky Mountains.

Where Mother Nature shows us what she really thinks about traffic:hihi:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bryson City and Highlands, North Carolina. The 'infamous' Tail of the Dragon is nothing but cycles and cops. Much better roads and less traveled thru these parts.

·
8,369 Posts
My wife used to come with me too when I go on spirited drives but she got tired of getting headaches due to whiplash so she now rarely comes with me. I still enjoy her company though so I try not to drive so spiritedly when she's with me.

That was indeed a beautiful drive especially this time of the year. Thanks again for sharing.

In case any of you folks are interested, here's my annual fall drive here in the Northwest for sharing.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e6...my-annual-fall-drive-beautiful-northwest.html

LMAO.."the blurr of colors is pretty.." :) .....at least your wife is willing to go with you...my wife would have had enough a minute into this drive (she gets light headed and slight motion sickness)....maybe I should drive like this next time!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Nice video, makes me want to make a video of the California canyons!

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Just great. Love the sound. No disrespect to your wife, but the exhaust overpowers her voice nicely! I found myself tilting my head (leaning into the corners) as you carved through the curves. Old motor-sickle habits die hard.

Great scenery, nice curvy road and that marvelous sound! Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mother nature shows us what she really thinks about traffic

Thanks for the nice video, has anyone of you guys noticed something strange at 3:34 in the Smoky Mountains.

Where Mother Nature shows us what she really thinks about traffic:hihi:
That is awesome! Here's a frame freeze:

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Gustav!

On the frontpage :goldcup:
Thanks Gustav!

This is the second time we have made this trip. It has now become an annual Fall pilgrimage.

The new exhaust system made for spectacular motoring!

Logged 2652 miles total:
  • 2640 with the top down and 12 with top up in a brief heavy shower hiha
  • 2651 with exhaust gates open and 1 with gates closed (estimate in presence of Smoky) :dunno:
More pics and videos are on the way!

Reactions: Gustav

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 25 Posts