·
Banned
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
Nice work, Will. Love the fly-bys.

Now when are you bringing one of those bad boys to VIR?

·
Banned
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would love to get my M5 to VIR - I wish I lived closer !

-WT

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
I would love to get my M5 to VIR - I wish I lived closer !

-WT
To quote Phil Knight, just do it, and then this could be you (plus 5-10 mph probably):

·
Banned
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That car looks hooked up !

The last time I had my car at the track, I got kicked off for "drifting". I was like " Are you kidding, Drifting? Is there any other way to drive a M5? "

-WT

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
wow that sucks i never really heard of someone being thrown off for drifting thats like a double negitive cause they tell you the fastest way threw a corner is drifting. maybe he was jellous of your driveing skills lol

·
Registered
123 Posts
Euro Launch

Will, I noticed for your 2006 E60 "Euro Launch Control." Forgive me if this topic has already been covered in the forum, but how were you able to remove the US crippled LC? Is your 2006 a Euro M5? Thanks.

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
Nice video and I love the sound!

·
Banned
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I can install euro launch control - but the snag for most people is that I need to have the car here at my shop.

-WT

·
Registered
123 Posts
Great to know! I'll keep that in mind. If I still have my E60 when the warranty expires, I'm coming over for headers, exhaust, chip, and anything else you come out with. Thanks, Nai.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Great video Will! The Hartge exhaust sounds better than I expected.

I noticed you put H&R Springs on your car instead of the Hartge Springs. Any reason why???

I bought a set of the Hartge Springs from you and had them installed on my car and I've been having problems with rubbing with my 21" Hartge Classic II wheels, and variances in settling between the drivers and passengers (rear) side of the car. The drivers side rear sits about 1/4" lower than the passengers side and I continuously have rubbing problems under hard corning, big bumps, or when I have rear seat passengers.

I've had my mechanic check the installation to ensure that the springs were installed correctly and are seated in the correct position. Everything is installed properly.

I cringe every time the wheels/tires rub so I'm considering changing to the H&R springs. Again, just wondering why you guys went with H&R's over the Hartge's?

-Tom

·
Banned
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tom,

I put H&R springs in all my cars - they are my first choice... there no particular reason that I went with them VS the Hartge springs.

If you are rubbing with the 21" then the fenders in the rear need to be "modified" a little more than you may have already done. My 21"s dont rub at all - even with 4 in the car and a full tank.... The key to no rubbing is to clearance the rear fenders a lot .... unless you have expereince with it - most installers dont clerance it enough....

-WT

·
Registered
366 Posts
Thanks Will.

I did have my inner fenders trimmed back a lot (the most possible without affecting the cosmetic appearance from the outside) and I've had my camber adjusted to the maximum negative setting....I believe it's -2.25 (drivers) & -2.75 (passengers), and I STILL have rubbing issues!

Again, I believe it's a problem with the springs themselves, but Hartge is denying any responsibility.

I'm considering a switch to the H&R springs to avoid more rubbing issues.

-TS

Tom,

I put H&R springs in all my cars - they are my first choice... there no particular reason that I went with them VS the Hartge springs.

If you are rubbing with the 21" then the fenders in the rear need to be "modified" a little more than you may have already done. My 21"s dont rub at all - even with 4 in the car and a full tank.... The key to no rubbing is to clearance the rear fenders a lot .... unless you have expereince with it - most installers dont clerance it enough....

-WT

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
Hi Tom,
Another thing you might consider is the type of tires you're using. My friend had Falken 452s on 20" wheels and the higher/stiffer sidewalls caused him to rub on his H&R race springs (on a 545). He then switched to Toyos and the rubbing went away.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Hi Tom,
Another thing you might consider is the type of tires you're using. My friend had Falken 452s on 20" wheels and the higher/stiffer sidewalls caused him to rub on his H&R race springs (on a 545). He then switched to Toyos and the rubbing went away.
+1 on type/brand of tires. I got 20x11 with 285 on rear with no rubbing (except on the dip) with Toyos T1R. My shop said the same on tire's sidewall design on each manufacturer.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hi Tom,

Thanks, I was aware before purchasing the tires for my Hartge wheels that certain tires will rub more than others depending on the design of the sidewall. I went with the Yokohama Advan Sports for that reason (recommended by Harold on this board).

·
Banned
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
they tell you the fastest way threw a corner is drifting.
From the mathematical standpoint, drifting will slow your time. In reality, the noise feedback from street tires will give you a reference of how hard you are attacking the corners. If you break free and really drift, your time will suffer. Perfect drivers NEVER drift which means no understeering and no oversteering.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts