BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I switched out my SS Race exhaust for the Tubi Regular. I am so pleased! Surprisingly, when the windows are closed the exhaust is not as loud as the SS was. However, open the windows and it's amazing. Stand or drive behind it, it sounds mean. I love it! I was considering the Meisterschaft and am so glad I made the Tubi choice.

I have had some surprisingly great responses from strangers about how great it sounds. :1:

You will see a cold start idle, reving the engine:M5rev: , a mildly aggressive take off, then a more aggressive take off:M5launch: . Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z23HgnfgNrw

·
Registered
200 Posts
Congrats on the new set-up! The Tubi sounds amazing as I am sure it sounds even better in person.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds prettty nice
Jordan,

From the video, can you tell if your Dad's exhaust is louder or not? I believe you posted something this week and I could not tell from your video.

·
Registered
162 Posts
That is a true M5 exhaust.

Livens up the V10 exhaust note!

For some reason though I feel like the x-pipe would make the interior cabin drone a little but it still sounds so exotic at the same time.

Tubi is :goldcup:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is for sure the best sounding exhaust combo I've heard. How is the noise in the cabin at hwy cruising compared to stock??

Actually cabin cruising sound is less than even my previous SS race set-up. That is the one unusual aspect to this set up. THough, open the windows and it sounds amazing, and can get angry.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is a true M5 exhaust.

Livens up the V10 exhaust note!

For some reason though I feel like the x-pipe would make the interior cabin drone a little but it still sounds so exotic at the same time.

Tubi is :goldcup:
Not one bit

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mate, that sounds really nice. How much louder is it in the vehicle than stock?
It's been awhile so I cannot be a good judge of that any longer particularly because I am addicted to this sound.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts