BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
I missed this episode on tv, and i just want to say thank-you for posting.

That is the best episode of Top Gear EVER! F*&k me that guys got a job and a half.. :hihihi: :hihihi: :hihihi:

Enzo/Carrera GT/XJ220/F1/Zonda Automotive Orgasm.

Sigh sigh, oh god..

Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Was a good show. Enzo is now the fastest car around the track. And they said there is no other competitor in the pipeline that they could think of that could be beat it.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Am I the only one who has problem with downloading the video? It goes very, very slow here. I can't wait to see the video.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Looking forward to watching this! :)

thank you for the heads up

all the best
adam

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks Val! Your link was much faster.

Funny how Clarkson repeatedly calls the Enzo the F60. How seriously can you take a show that doesn't even know the name of the car being tested?

Greg A

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
teflon said:
Thanks Val! Your link was much faster.

Funny how Clarkson repeatedly calls the Enzo the F60. How seriously can you take a show that doesn't even know the name of the car being tested?

Greg A
I was thinking the same. They surely know it's called the Enzo. Is it really also called F60 around the Ferrari circles as well then? :confused: As the 3rd generation supercar after F40 and F50, it is logical to call it F60.

Also, Jeremy posted it as seriously-uncool on the cool wall. He said if you see a man standing suspiciously close to the porcelain in the urinals, he would be an Enzo owner! After several seasons, I'm still trying to understand how the Cool-Uncool wall works (I can be joined by other TG presenters I think) but it is good fun.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Anyone else notice how Clarkson ALWAYS bashed 'flappy-paddle gearbox' setups (Ferrari/Aston Martin F1 shifter, BMW SMG), yet in the Enzo he gushes about how it can shift gears in 150 ms (nearly twice as long as SMG II and more than twice as long as SMG III)? How come the 'flappy-paddle gearbox' is suddenly so great?

While I like Clarkson's style, his commentary is wildly inconsistent.

·
Registered
424 Posts
IMHO TG is just fun! I REALLY enjoy watching it.

Jeremy's comments are just Jeremy's comments :) He says what he thinks and what is good for the show! If you want some serious and tested views, read EVO etc...
:cheers:

·
Registered
176 Posts
If you guys want the whole episode, or pretty much any of them, and Fifth Gear episodes too, please, do head over here, as they have it all in gloriousness.

Edit: Yes, I did make up that word, and no, it doesn't bother me. hiha

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
hm I wonder how many super cars Clarkson has. I think the F40 is his...I remember it had the same license plates as the one he did a review of the XJ220/F40 long time ago.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts