BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Jeremy Clarkson did a review on the SL65 not long ago. Pretty amazing with all that power and huge amount of torque. On Top Gear, he did a "tug of war" contest between the SL and 8 men. Guess who won? the 8 men. Not that surprising and frankly he doesn't understand basic physics. ouich

·
Registered
258 Posts
ycchan said:
Jeremy Clarkson did a review on the SL65 not long ago. Pretty amazing with all that power and huge amount of torque. On Top Gear, he did a "tug of war" contest between the SL and 8 men. Guess who won? the 8 men. Not that surprising and frankly he doesn't understand basic physics. ouich

What do you mean by that?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
erol/frost said:
What do you mean by that?
Which part don't you get? He wanted to stage a tug of war contest between the car and a person. He figured it would take at least 100 men to win against the SL65. However, it only took 8 people...its not surprising at all

·
Registered
258 Posts
All of it actually. You sounded disrespectful and i wanted to know what you meant by your "he has no clue...".

I thought it was interesting to watch.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Disrespectful? Give me a break. He doesn't have a clue, so he did try it and ended up being wrong. If one would understand the basic principles of torque and power its not very surprising.
Yes, it was interesting to watch. It's showbiz.

·
Registered
258 Posts
A bit touchy are we?

I think JC did and does a fine job. I don`t question his authority on cars.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I thought the segment did very well at showing how the SL does not have wide enough rear tires for the amount of torque it has. He made a big deal about it and that test was just another example of that very fact.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts