BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the primary cats gutted couple weeks ago, figured I make a video and update you guys with the new sound. It seriously sounds amazing now! I can’t get enough of it. Unfortunately, most camera mics are unable to capture the true sound. I wish you guys could hear it in person, but this will have to do for now.

Sorry, no red lining, motor was still warming up. I was in the neighborhood anyway, have to keep polite :) Anyway, idling and cruising are little louder than when I only had the Eisenmann and resonator delete. During hard throttle is when you notice the huge difference, it screams…

Only down side is that I’d probably have to keep the rpm low near police. If they wanted, I’m pretty sure they could ticket me, no worries though :biggrin:
If you guys have any questions about this set up or anything else, feel free to ask :)

Enjoy
-Nick

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OFZYqXyvNYs" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

·
Registered
804 Posts
I like it a lot. She looks and sounds good.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Wow! That sounds insane. Really, really like. One of the meanest I've heard.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
So, stealth is not really a concern right.:hihi:
You beast sounds awesome. Now if only there were some long tunnels in Michigan...
Road trip to Windsor? :haha:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, stealth is not really a concern right.:hihi:
You beast sounds awesome. Now if only there were some long tunnels in Michigan...
Road trip to Windsor? :haha:
That's right, so I wont be able to sneak up on anyone lol.
Funny you ask, I've never been through the Detroit-Windsor tunnel :( so maybe a road trip is just what I need!

·
Registered
550 Posts
ooooo that sounds wild and untamed....

bet you get a lot of drone and slight vibration in lower rpms?

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
EVIL!

I wish I could get away with something like that! I would get pulled over in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ooooo that sounds wild and untamed....

bet you get a lot of drone and slight vibration in lower rpms?
A little, slight vibrations are mostly during colds starts, drone is tolerable IMO. Then again others could find it annoying, I love it though mmmmmm

EVIL!

I wish I could get away with something like that! I would get pulled over in a heartbeat.
Thanks woody!

Sorry bud, I know Cali is very strict when it comes to heavy modded exhausts :(

·
2,132 Posts
Sounds awesome! I would put the resonator back on and deleted the secondary cats! Im hoping that to be my setup soon.

How did u delete the primary cats? gutted or cut and straight pipe?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds great. Did you take out both sets of cats and the res? Also is there a x pipe in there? :cheers:
Thank you :biggrin:
No, secondary cats are intact, only primary are gutted. Resonator is removed and straight piped with the factory H pipe intact :cheers:

Sounds awesome! I would put the resonator back on and deleted the secondary cats! Im hoping that to be my setup soon.

How did u delete the primary cats? gutted or cut and straight pipe?
Thanks!

Eventually I'll remove the secondary cats as well, but I'll never put the resonator back on LOL I like making noise, childish I know :hihihi: but it puts a smile on my face :)

It really is a great setup, cat-less headers with a good tune make all the difference :biggrin:

I had my local muffler shop GUT the primary cats, with the headers still attached. You have to be careful though, the primary pre-cat o2 sensor is very close. When nearing the gutting process, drills can poke through too quick and hit that sensor. If you have someone do it, just let them know, or have them remove the sensor before hand.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts