BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
That doesn't look good. The crash must have had something to do with the brakes, the car just went straight-on.

·
Registered
71 Posts
looks like a broken steering linkage, he locks the steering around fully to the left before impact- yet from outside seems as if the passenger side wheel goes the opposite direction ?

kinda sheeet that coulda got messy at 190mph.. I'd have demanded a new enzo from ferrari over the whole incident (and have the steering checked out pronto) hmmm

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
I dont think it was the steering link as if it was he would have been able to brake in time.

The guy locked his brakes...

Quite a funny film though :)

all the best
adam

·
Registered
164 Posts
pentoman said:
He clearly just locked the brakes!
:thumbsup: Spot on. After all, you ARE a professional :M5thumbs:

I have lots of experience driving a small 1/2 ton Ford pickup (don't want to put my bimmer at risk on building sites :hihi: ), I think it is only sold in the RSA and Down Under? Think Ford Fiesta pickup

I'd think it'd be harder to lose a Ferrari at that speed, as I have been able to save the little front heavy beast from harm plenty of times, either due to other people making accidents in the rain and me having to avoid them, or places near traffic lights where the road has been repaired using a sort of patch that is VERY slippery in the rain and causes the wheels to lock even at low speeds and 30% brake pedal depression. Scary :sad1:

·
Registered
77 Posts
SoulBladeZA said:
:thumbsup: Spot on. After all, you ARE a professional :M5thumbs:
Far from it!

Must be scary when your Ferrari's heading towards a brick wall and you know you might miss it if you could just bring yourself to let off that brake pedal!!

I'm suddenly thinking a big fat McLaren SLR with its ABS and things is not such a bad idea :eek:h:

I think it's true that being a person who can afford one of these cars has no correlation to being a person who can control one! :3:

·
Registered
153 Posts
I thought it was only front wheel drive cars that lock up the front wheels - hence you cannot steer unless you come off the brakes?
Am I wrong....

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I'm sorry but I find it hilarious :haha2: the guy was going so slow and he crashed :confused: its like its done in slow motion matrix style hiha

·
Registered
114 Posts
name the movie:
"Dude, you just f****d up your ferrari!"

Funny how everybody comments about what happened to the car, and nobody mentioned the poor guy in the red cap that got run over.
Evidently Ferrari's customer selection program, or however they name that process by which you are "chosen" to be the buyer of an F50 (or an Enzo nowadays), isn't working very well...

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Rock :) Great move! "Losers always wine about theeir best. Winners go home and f*** the prom queen" ;)

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
Are you sure this car doesnt have ABS?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts