BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering how much louder then stock this is. Not sure I want much sound unless I step on it, then I want it to open up and scream a bit. Don't want that low resonance sound. I have SEARCHED and have not gotten clear answers or seen any vids. please post away.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Something I'd like to hear as well...

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
It sounds like the Dinan exhaust might appeal to you.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Good lord people. The OP asked for x-pipe only and you're posting headers/sec1&2/E-race/Tubi???? How is that even close?

To answer your question, adding an x-pipe alone will make very little change in the volume of your exhaust. Mufflers account for the vast majority of the sound. Don't know of any vids b/c likely no one has done it. Not worth the expense to make a barely noticible change.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
One time I had stock muffler with x-pipe/2nd cats delete. Not louder in term of loudness, just a little bit more raspier from the midsection.

The most lame exhaust I ever heard was Meisterschaft Touring. Dinan has a good combo between quiet idle and :eek:oohhh: at WOT.

IMO, not worth to change just x-pipe because you have to cut two places(front/end) of the resonator section and replace with x-pipe and the fitment has to be just right. If you just get a muffler section, you only need to cut the last section out and swap with aftermarket muffler using a clamp instead of welding.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts