BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Re: Ok whos IB m5 is this? video takes place in the USA

Woho... Lets do some research! Could it be a pre production car from New Jersey? But it looks like it is in Santa Barbara :confused2

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

yep, the video was shot over this weekend. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts

that was at the 20th annual Westlake Village Auto Show. it took place 10/2/05
http://www.westlakevillageautoshow.com
dealer plates?

I might be going down to the LA area some time this month, if I do I will be sure to stop at the new Southbay BMW dealership and take any pics.
On another note I went by the new BMW dealership here in Portland and I went to the front desk to get some help. She gave me (19, shorts and polo) a guy that had just been working there for a week. I asked some pretty easy questions such as what will the allocation be (about 1 M5 a month) and what price they will be selling (MSRP), so I said "around 84,000" and he said "sure". I then started showing off a little (what can i say, i have visited this site everyday for the last 1.5 years so i know this car) he asked me where i got all this info about the M5/M6/Z4 SC and I told him about www.M5board.com. so If you are reading this Mr. Salesman good for you, read it all and see what the customers are like.

·
Registered
20 Posts

Weird coincidence i guess but the kid in dark colors in that picture of the M5 is my best friend and he runs SB euroclub. Sorry if that was totally random. Anyways, i emailed him about the event and this is what he said:
"aha yea all of us in the SB Euro Club were at a car show showing our cars and this kid that was hanging around with us kept that M5 at his house,his dad works in the design dept. at BMW so they have had the M6 and M5. We asked the dad to do a burnout for us and he did. It was f$^king badass."

·
Registered
49,476 Posts

Ah, great information. "Inside-BMW" owned, that explains it...

·
Registered
124 Posts

Look closely...

There is some kind of wire going out from under the hood and then into the door..!

Radar detector? Any guesses? See attached...

Celsius :typing:

Attachments

·
Registered
469 Posts

celsius said:
Look closely...

There is some kind of wire going out from under the hood and then into the door..!

hmmm

·
Registered
907 Posts

celsius said:
Look closely...

Possibly a connection for a laptop computer for engine monitoring. I have seen BMW guys hook up special computers for this purpose.

Also, anyone think that BMW NA might be pissed that a "company car" is burning out in a parking lot as a Grand National is backing out? Whoever is assigned that car (not too hard to figure out) could be in hot water.

MJ

·
Registered
168 Posts
M5 Powe 507 HP said:
Brilliant thing to do in a parking lot... and they were about what, 3 seconds shy of smashing into the car that was backing out of the parking spot to the right??

I'm not saying I won't let the beast loose once in a while when she arrives... BUT I wouldn't be doing it in a crowded parking lot WITH people standing near the car and a passenger.

The one MAJOR downside to the new M5... the iresponsible people who drive like an idiot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts