BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently sold my eisenmann race w/ oval tips and wanted to try something new. So here it goes...no mufflers & no cats. I wanted to use the skinny tips(like dinan tips or dixis), but its out of stock and this is the best tips the shop could find. Anyway, its bigger than the stock one. I would probably change to the skinny ones once its in stock or maybe just keep this..?? comment please...:7:

With the resonators off, its too LOUD:hihi:!!! so decided to put them back on. The sound i would say is almost the same as eisenmann race but this one is louder.:1:

I will post some more vids later (drive by, inside, etc).

Enjoy!!!

PICS + VID
http://s209.photobucket.com/albums/bb243/wyll01/

VID
http://youtube.com/watch?v=mKXJh7OCs8s

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha...its handmade by WFM. haha...hiha

·
Registered
366 Posts
So here it goes...no mufflers & no cats.
Will, you removed the mufflers as well? So the resonators now connect directly to the exhaust tips? Wow, that's crazy...no mufflers! It must have sounded insane without the resonators....I guess too loud though.

From the video it sounds great, similar to the Eisenmann Race, but definitely louder, especially at idle. Are you going to keep it like this? I'd like to hear it person, I'll PM you and we can meet up somewhere.

By the way, I love the Race exhaust....sounds great! Can't say that my wife and neighbors love it as much as I do though! I was leaving my parking garage the other morning, started up the beast as some old chick was walking by....o'h man, the look on her face! :nono: Classic!

Have fun with the new exhaust, I'll probably hear you coming from blocks away! :haha:

-TS

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tom: yea its too loud with the resonators so have to put them back on. I guess i set off car alarm more than i did with the e race..haha. It really sounds great actually...yea of course we'll meet up somewhere later! Have fun too with the exhaust!!!:biggrinbounce:

ohmyhed: yours sounds good too!:haha:

2nd2no1: The car becomes lighter since the mufflers gone. The guy that did it at the shop said that it will make the performance better but i don't know exactly how many HP gains from it if theres any. The guy did all the piping and tips VERY neatly..the fact that he got his degree in engineering in germany(he's mixed german) and his father & grandfather are also an engineer, so he has the blood. They're actually run a family business and they're specialize in merc & porsche. With those certificates hangin on the wall, he really knows what he's doing.:thumbsup:

mnk303: no offense buddy.. but this one is more louder than stock F360 and its louder in person. If u changed ur exhaust, its a different story...hehe:)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Will, where did you have the work done? I assume, not the ghetto muffler shop on Folsom. Let me know, I might switch back to my Eisenmann Sport exhaust and add custom straight pipes. The Race is sick, but might be too loud for a car that my wife and I both use.

BTW, I STILL don't have my car back from getting the spoiler remounted! Two weeks to repaint and install a decklid spoiler, unbelievable! :grrrr:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ouich

·
Registered
269 Posts
I am having my custon straight exhaust done today, will try and post a video tonight. Cat and resonator delete, new piping nad 4 new straight thru mufflers..

·
Registered
856 Posts
I'd like to hear a system with just the stock mufflers removed, leaving in the cats, resonators, etc. - anyone know if this has been done? Also, any issues with removing the Cats emmission wise?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
post them! i think with the resontaor on it would be too loud

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Pretty nice my friend. The sound is awesome but I still prefer the look of oval tips.

Matt

1 - 17 of 17 Posts