BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So, we ran in the new a brand new BMW M5 Touring vs the Ferrari 612 Scaglietti, with a V-12 and 540 HP @ 7250 rpm and 588 Nm @ 5250 rpm. Outcome was a bit of a surprise, but the BMW M5 Touring is a full 100 kg more weight than the BMW M5 Sedan, and we tried them head to head and the Sedan was quie a bit faster (2-3 carlengths). So a M5 Sedan would have stood a much better chanse. Also, he did an error when upshifting, hit the rev limiter as you can see in the movie.

This race is from the Second GTboard.com Airfield Event we did this summer. The DVD II is ready this February (any day). Preorder by sending a mail here.

You can order the first DVDI from Event I here for $25.

M5board.com is an enthusiast board and we don't condone any dangerous activity. Our airfield events are completely safe based on years of experience, we conduct them during clear visibility with mature participants that have several years of experience with high-performance automobiles, large unobstructed run-off zones on sealed off private former military airbases and we clearly mark the braking zones. If inexperienced with high speed driving we do not recommend organizing your own event but attending a high-performance driving school.

·
Registered
124 Posts
when is the air feild #2 going to be ready? I've watched #1 a 100 times and need something new.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I really think that only an M6 would be able to take on the Scaglietti and win - and even then it would be close.
The M5 touring never stood a chance IMO
Nice video though Gustav- as always
I too would like to see a run with the M6 against the Scaglietti

·
Registered
537 Posts
Decent run there.

Next time, try a lighter M5 Sedan or M6 Coupe. Then let's see the results.

Reminder: Don't bounce on Rev limiter when you start!

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
when is the air feild #2 going to be ready? I've watched #1 a 100 times and need something new.
I've been previewing the .divx version the past couple days. This second video is substantially more entertaining when compared to the previous video--much more action. I believe Gustav said it would be sent to Amazon over the next couple weeks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts