BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
The first one is absolutely insane...the speed at which he takes the corner near the end of the clip is just mind blowing!

Thanks for the links

·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
nice nice... that last corner he was taking in the first clip was pretty crazy..

·
Registered
131 Posts

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
That pole in the first video seemed a little too close for comfort.

·
Registered
255 Posts
bmwnewm5 said:
Absolute stupidity, they don't deserve an M5. We all want to have fun and excitment, but this was boy racer stuff, not quality driving like Tiff on the 5th Gear video. :mad:
I agree!!! Some people does not deserve an M5 when they treat their M5s in the worst way.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If this is how owners drive their M cars, no wonder there are engine failures :3:

·
Registered
646 Posts
Here here! These punks don't deserve to be driving/abusing an M5. They probably edited out the trip to the tire shop for new rubber. The ultimate beauty of automoblies like the M5 is its grace with speed and handling. Any kid with daddy's 80 grand can thrash a car. The rest of us have to work hard for the privilage to own and respect one.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Hmm, Not sure if that was good driving or lucky driving, seemed a liitle on the verge of out of control, and those pipes were a little close for comfort for me anyways, good vid, who ever was driving, pretty ballsy, Josh

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
God, you guys are getting really judgmental and moralistic. The guy is clearly having some costly and risky fun, but I've risked more money and injury on ski trips than this guy did in the video. I wouldn’t do this, but most people wouldn’t dream of doing some of the things I do for fun.

Tom

·
Registered
42 Posts
i remember myself the pictures of the wrecked e60 M5 in sweden. for sure everyone can imagine how such crashes can happen, when you view those videos...

·
Registered
131 Posts
bernhtp said:
God, you guys are getting really judgmental and moralistic. The guy is clearly having some costly and risky fun, but I've risked more money and injury on ski trips than this guy did in the video. I wouldn’t do this, but most people wouldn’t dream of doing some of the things I do for fun.

Tom
Call it what you will, if you feel happy to condone such irresponsible behaviour them that is your perogative. Your comparision with skiing is hardly is the same. As someone who in the next few weeks will be the proud owner of a new M5, I don't want to be associated with such loutish behaviour, this does not mean that I won't explore the capabilities of my car but I would like to think in a far less reckless manner than these individuals. I would suggest by nature all M5 drivers (indeed M drivers in general) seek that adrenaline rush, that is partly why the M5 is such a magnet for us. But surely those individuals on the video could have trashed their car on some old disused airfield or track. That was a public road, which in theory your or someone else's family could have been travelling on, the consequences don't even bear thinking about. The last thing I am trying to do is to place myself on a high moral pedestal, far from it, but how can that sort of behaviour do the rest of the M5 family any credibility. :confused3

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I dont mind if he wants to beat the crap out of the car, that is his right as long as he owns the car. What I dont like is him cocking around near his friends. He looked like he had ok car control, but he is in the wrong for doing that near his buds. People can say "oh I do it all the time, I'm the best, etc etc" but even monkeys fall from trees.
He didnt do the best recovery at the end of the high speed drift, and that could have been really bad. Easy way to go flying off the road, especially when it is that narrow. I'm sure the drivers seat looked like this __/\__ underneath his rear end.
:cheers:

·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
If it was Tiff driving, I'm sure you guys will all be praising him... :p

1 - 20 of 41 Posts