BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is normal. I hear it on a daily basis with the windows down only. Sounds like an arc of electricity mostly or a mechanical part. I constantly hear it while driving and want to make sure it's normal. Any help?

Thanks!

E60 M5 Arcing noise. - YouTube

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I may have heard this on my car but I'm not 100% sure, I'll check when I leave for work today.

Thanks! I hear it constantly while driving!

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
The noise you are pointing out in the video is from the headlights turning on, ballasts/ignitors for the xenons. I have the same noise as well as well as every other M5 I have driven. I wouldn't worry about it.

Regarding the noise you are hearing constantly, are you sure its the same thing? Have you not been able to enjoy your car since purchasing it? Seems like all your threads you are worrying! lol

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The noise you are pointing out in the video is from the headlights turning on, ballasts/ignitors for the xenons. I have the same noise as well as well as every other M5 I have driven. I wouldn't worry about it.

Regarding the noise you are hearing constantly, are you sure its the same thing? Have you not been able to enjoy your car since purchasing it? Seems like all your threads you are worrying! lol

I'll try and make a better video. I think it's the ballasts, but I don't get why I'm always hearing it during the day. I really hope it's the headers.

I've finally been able to enjoy it recently because I replaces the ionic sensor! M mode is the ****! Lol. I've yet to diagnose the transmission problem yet, but have only had it after blasting music with the car off. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts